Ron Paul Appreciation Thread

Discussion in 'Politics' started by windchime159, Oct 7, 2010.

1. People think he's a damn hero, he probably thinks he's doing the right thing by supporting the bigger agenda. I dont know exactly whats going on in his head but you're making it seem like its a difficult thing to pull off. Do you understand?

And yes, he's basically a slave for the money. So are a ton of other politicians and presidents that have accepted bribes. Welcome to Washington.

2. You're missing the point. There's no point to making money if you're not living your life how you want to live it. I don't know if you realize it, but being a Congressman takes up damn well all of your time not spent sleeping and eating. So you're trying to tell me that Ron Paul has spent pretty much all of his life selling his soul and his reputation to someone, for money. Money that he probably can't spend on things he enjoys because he's a Congressman.

Again, your theory makes absolutely no sense. If you want to analyze a theory, the prime question you must ask yourself, is, what is the motivation. I'm trying to be completely serious with you, but this theory is just downright retarded.

3. You don't think doctors can make more than congressmen?

4. How do you know how he spends his day? How do you know how he feels about what he does? Maybe he hates it and regrets it, maybe he doesnt give a shit. You're saying i'm not making any sense but your reasoning is so absurd it just astonishes me that you actually believe you have thought this through enough.

5. Wow my Ron paul thread Picked up again!

things must be getting shitty in the world again...

6. Are you kidding me?

You dont think he might be paid more than the usual congressmen? You dont think bribes happen?

7. Kush lord why dont you answer your own qs

i needz either neg rep or unlike!

8. I think Ron Paul is one of the few likely NOT taking bribes.

Bribes come in the form of interested lobbyists when your talking about the government. I have no reason to believe Lobbyists are swaying Ron Paul's votes.

I believe people are corrupt when i see indication that they are doing corrupt things.

You seem to believe they are corrupt until they prove that they are not.

Good thing your not a Judge :)

9. Okay, I have my view and you have yours. I have nothing against you, i'm against something much bigger than you.

10. #70 Kylesa, Jan 28, 2011
    Last edited: Jan 28, 2011
    Well, Kush Lord's supposition is that he's being paid off by the global elite, to be their master trick card, for when voters finally realize that in order to get a good leader, you have to get one who stands by his principles no matter what, and has a track record of doing so.

The obvious implication there, is that he's getting paid megabucks, like, millions, or billions.

How do I know how he spends his day? The same way I know how any other politician spends their day. Politicians, despite what most people might think about them, have their entire days strictly scheduled and enforced by aides. Everything is planned ahead for. The life of a Federal politician is a busy one. A very busy one. Ron Paul heads a committee, is on several other committees, etc. The dude clearly doesn't sit on his computer surfing the internet for 12 hours a day. He's a very busy man.

I also know what he feels, because, like Ron Paul, I'm a human being, and human beings have an exceptional ability to feel empathy. We have an entire section of our brain dedicated to interpreting how other humans feel, and if we see other humans feel strongly, our brain is capable of making us feel the same way. It is called empathy. It's the reason why people cry in movies, or are saddened when they learn that people they never met die. I realize that it's entirely unlikely that Ron Paul is spending all of his life to be a puppet for a few people. If I were in that situation, I would find a way out, or kill myself. Someone who speaks to loosely about freedom, I think, would have a hard time living a highly-controlled life for such a massive period of time, for a single goal.

There isn't enough motivation for a human being to go through that. Which is why your theory makes no sense.

11. You're entitled to your own opinion, but not your own facts. So far you haven't given any facts, only opinion.

12. In a thread titled "Ron Paul Appreciation Thread" which would lead one to assume the nasty "T" word.

13. Everything youve posted so far is opinion and assumptions. Your reasoning is very flawed. I dont have proof, I have my gut feelings and the small details which led me to not trust this guy. I trust my judgment on a persons character, you can tell a lot about a person by the way they act and speak. I think through everything very damn well before making any claims.

It seems like you have a difficult time fathoming that he could be a fraud and I dont know why. Maybe you've invested so much trust into him that you just dont want to see it any other way.

14. *big sigh*

15. You are basing your claims on a "Gut feeling"? I think there is enough evidence to show that Ron Paul has stood by his principles of personal freedom for over 20 years no matter how unpopular they were. Instead of basing things on "Gut Feelings" you should do some more research on Ron Paul and his long history of voting for freedom and against tyranny and corruption. Fuck what other people say go and research how he votes on issues and listen to his debates from the 2008 elections.

I mean hey if you got proof or evidence of any kind by all means change my mind but when you base claims on "gut feelings" I find it hard to take you seriously.

Honestly I can't think of or name another politician that cares more about your freedom then Ron Paul.

16. And youre basing your claims on his voting record? You dont know how politicians work do you?

For your information, it isnt only based on a gut feeling.

17. It seems like everything you've said KL is opinion, but you'll lambast somebody else for the very same reason. I Am Disappoint son.

Are you really Stephen Colbert? :laughing:

18. Doesnt look like you're reading carefully. I never said I had proof. I do feel I have reason enough to be cautious of putting any trust in him. You people are acting like the mindless Obama supporters before they found out he lied to them. I thought people learned a lesson.

19. Its funny I never said you had proof, but you're using your opinions your "gut feeling" to determine this. Ipso Facto your opinion.

20. This doesnt really come down to opinion, its a little more complicated than that. Its more about reasoning and rationality.

Putting your trust in a politician just because they say something you agree with is not rational or reasonable.

Heck, I agree with almost everything Ron Paul SAYS.