Ron Paul Appreciation Thread

Discussion in 'Politics' started by windchime159, Oct 7, 2010.

1. #21101 garrison68, Jun 11, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: Jun 11, 2015
      Is this supposed to be evidence that the Founding Fathers smoked cannabis with THC, and that America was using it as well?  Your article says by the late 18th century, medical journals recommended " hemp seeds and roots for the treatment of inflamed skin, incontinence and venereal disease".   Are you saying that based on this one skimpy claim, it proves that the Founding Fathers were using cannabis with THC, by smoking or ingesting it?    

As for the next part, marijuana researcher Dr. William O'Shaughnessy was born in 1809, in Ireland. He began working with cannabis in India, after 1833, well after most of the Founding Fathers were dead.   The very last Founding Father, Madison, was DEAD by 1836.   How can the fruits of O'Shaughnessy's work apply to them at all, if they were all dead? 

I still maintain that there's no evidence that cannabis, containing THC, was smoked, or used in any form, by the Founding Fathers.  The general public did not use it, until the mid to late 19th century, and most of it what they did use was sold as a remedy for various ailments - but this was long after all of the Founding Fathers were dead.    

2. And 300 years from now people will assume that cannibis wasn't used as medicine until the government and science legalized it in 1996? Do you actually believe nobody new of its medicinal benifits until dr O'Shaughnessy wrote about it in a review? Its well known that cannibis has been used by humans for centuries for medicinal and recreational purposes. For you to assume that it wasn't smoked by people in early America is actually quite presumptuous and ignorant considering the amount of mind altering substances that were ingested in our early history. But I guess it was one of the only plants that our forefathers didn't study, sow, utilize and ingest in yoyr eyes?

3. Where did they get it.  I don't know anything about growing, but until recently, the past 30 years, it was all imported from places that had the climate and soil to successfully produce a good crop.  And I don't think that there were bales of weed coming in from Mexico in the 1700's, the way it was in the 1960's.  Or, for that matter, the hash that was supplied by Turkey for the Chicago Exposition of the late 19th Century.  This all came much later.  

To assert that the Founding Fathers used marijuana is a  guess, at best and not a fact by any stretch of the imagination.   

4. #21104 MrRaider, Jun 12, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: Jun 12, 2015
    You do know all kinds of plants, herbs and spices were traded and brought over by many people. A known trafficker of cannibis was the east india trading company. Cannibis was known as a medicinal herb for all kinds of ailments. Our forefathers all known for there writings did not write to much about there every day diets and medicinal practices thst im aware of. Booze was written a lot more about because it was a political incentive, hundreds of gallons were consumed during political rallies and parties. But nonetheless cannabis was used throughout all of recorded history. I ask you this garrison68, do you believe any of our current politicians have ever used and or are currently using any illicit drugs? Do you expect to read about this? Or do you even hear to much about the medicines they are ingesting? Especially the legal ones? Remember taking drugs was not a crime until the 20th century. My point is if you read history, and history of medical practices all kinds of drugs were consumed by all corners of the earth. And cannibis was well known by the 1700s. But you are right its a assumption, but a educated one.

Btw cannabis was grown in the USA for way longer than 30 years. Shit I've been growing it for 28 years myself.

5.  There were always some people who grew it in the United States, in the last 100 years or more, but until the past 3 or 4 decades it was almost exclusively for personal use.   

I would love to have Mexico turn into a marijuana producing giant, hopefully if it ever becomes legal this will happen.    

6. Yea Im sure these places were known for growing corn...

Hempwallace, AR
    Hemp Swamp Brook, CT
    Hempstead Brook, CT
    Hemp Key, FL
    Hemp, GA
    Hemp Factory Branch, IL
    Hemp Ridge, KY
    Hemphill, KY
    Hemphill, LA
    Hempfield Lake, MI
    Hemphill Lake, MN
    Hemple, MO
    Hemp Hill, NH
    Hempstead, NY
    New Hempstead, NY
    Rockland Hempstead Gardens, NY
    Hemp Patch Branch NC
    Hemphill Bald, NC
    Hemphill Creek, NC
    Hemphill Knob, NC
    Hempfield, PA
    Hemp Branch, SC
    Hemphill Lake, SC
    Hemp Fork, VA
    Hemphill, TX
    Hempstead, TX
    Hemp Mill Branch, VA
    Hemppatch Branch, VA
    Hemppatch Mountain, VA,
    Hemp Hill Creek, WA
    Hempel Creek, WA
    Hempel Lake, WA
    Hemphill, WV
    Hempton Lake, WI

7. Liberty report has been good lately..

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eo2GYQxopbM

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fkoQnbpiWyg

and the most recent..

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ml6ITgboGBo

8. Happy Birthday RP!

Might be outta the game but Legends never die in my eyes [​IMG]

• Like Like x 1
  9. Anyone here read any decent books by the good Dr? He has a few out, Id like to buy one but not quite sure which one I really want.
    Currently looking at "School Revolution" and "End the fed", and "The Revolution: A Manifesto" . I know we have at least a couple of readers on here that can recommend me something.

• Like Like x 1
  10. The Revolution: A Manifesto was good, it's been a while since I've read it though. And my political thoughts have changed, however if I recall he still strikes the same key topics (FED, foreign policy) quite well.

But it's really gonna be a lot of the same stuff you're already familiar with about him, just put in a nice 200 (or so) page book. It might be better to read something else by him however.

• Like Like x 2
  11. Despicably atrocious behavior. She doesnt understand or give a fuck about the kind of damage shes doing by constantly reinforcing the same disgusting venomous status quo. Keeps reinforcing that narrative of one garbage of a human being or the other. Blatant intellectually dishonesty that should be against the law. Who even watches CNN these days?

• Like Like x 1

12. Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like Like x 2
  13. I own "The Revolution", but I really enjoyed "Liberty Defined." I would highly recommend Liberty Defined to anyone.

• Like Like x 1
  14. +1 for Liberty Defined. I actually think this is a very important book, especially around election season.

• Like Like x 2
  15. I miss RP.
    If he were only 15 years younger he might have had a chance :(

• Like Like x 2
  16. Ron Paul is doing the talk show circuit and Donald Trump is heading for the White House.

There really is no justice in this world. Paul one of the most genuine and honourable men to ever hold office in the US is cast aside and that loudmouth sleazeball Trump paraded as a hero and saviour.

• Like Like x 3