Ron Paul 2012 and the end of the drug war

Discussion in 'Marijuana Legalization' started by DaDankSkunk, Mar 3, 2011.

1. #1 DaDankSkunk, Mar 3, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 3, 2011
    Conservative Tea Party activists picked Georgia radio host Herman Cain and Texas Rep. Ron Paul as their top choices to run against President Obama next year. Sarah Palin placed third in the Sunday presidential straw poll of nearly 1,600 members of the Tea Party Patriots, Reuters reports.Cain captured the support of 22% of those attending the Tea Party Patriots' weekend policy summit in Phoenix. Paul had the most votes overall, thanks to a surge of online support.
    Paul and Cain spoke to the gathering; Palin, the 2008 GOP vice presidential nominee and a favorite of Tea Party groups, did not.
    Another likely GOP presidential contender, former Minnesota governor Tim Pawlenty, did address the group and placed fourth in the poll, according to the Associated Press.

source: http://content.usatoday.com/communi...l-herman-cain-sarah-palin-presidential-poll/1

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B7jyYpYgOeE&feature=player_embedded]YouTube - Election 2012: Barack Obama 42%, Ron Paul 41%[/ame]

We all know Ron Paul supports the decriminalization of all drugs and putting the regulations into the states.

Thoughts?

2. my thoughts are he will either be murdered or assassinated while running for president or during his presidency, and made it will be made to look like he died of old age, health complications, etc..

or he will conform just like obama did and not mention anything about it.

3. dude, i honestly don't think obama "conformed" because he never seemed to support/understand constitutional principles in the first place
    but Ron Paul would prob. end up just like JFK :( sad cus if he wins that shows that a large amount of people are really waking up in america so maybe we aren't AS fucked as i thought.

4. yes he did and still does.

5. If ron paul runs....he will also have the votes of the ignorant masses that will vote republican no matter what because of this latest administration.

Little will they know they are voting for us too :)

6. Man, thank god for elections, saving people from taking action for another year

7. This is going to sound dumb. But i think obama and other president's never legalized marijuana because they were simply afraid of looking dumb and admitting they were WRONG after so many years. It's a power thing

pussies

8. I don't trust what a politician tells me anymore. I'd rather see their actions, and not hear thier bullshit. It seems like the former is few and far between, while the latter is all we get.

9. :rolleyes:

10. ... Well IF he does, then he blatantly ignores them. Period. I voted him in. I made a mistake. I can admit it. Can you? (Not that I would have ever voted in McCain/Palin) I gave Obama the benefit of the doubt, and he failed. I should have supported Ron Paul. Better Believe that I have a "Ron Paul '12 The Change You Wanted" bumper sticker RIGHT NOW just above my "GARY JOHNSON for PRESIDENT 2012" sticker on the back of my ride as we speak! Letting people know what's up! The key for us would be that exact ticket. I'd say Ron as President, and Gary as Vice President. It would work either way though. THAT IS THE BEST POSSIBLE TICKET. Let's make it happen and start spreading the word to family and friends. GET OUT AND VOTE. MAKE THE CHANGE WE NEED HAPPEN!

11. This clip got me thinking. The chick at the beggining is sitting in a bar in front of a bunch of alcohol and it's tottaly normal. I hope I see the day when cannabis is looked at in the same way.

12. .....like the ignorant masses that voted for obama solely based on the color of his skin.....

13. I guess?

14. there had to be at least a few

a lot of Americans are pretty friggin ignorant

15. Don't forget, Obama also had the upper hand because he was a young guy who "represented" the young voters. Bullshit. Wheres my weed store, manee?

16. Why the hell would you think he would be murdered?!? Everyone talked about how Obama would be assassinated in his first year in office. Well it didn't happen. If the crazy racists in this country haven't murdered Obama yet, Ron Paul surely would be safe. :rolleyes:

17. ron paul 2012 :hello: this is gonna be my first time voting. it always seemed pointless to me as in the end the popular votes dont make no difference if they are not backed by the electoral college.. lots of things our government does makes no sense to me :( kinda seems like straight up tyranny nowadays

18. If he gets assassinated, it's for his beliefs which don't confOrm to some of the most powerful people in this country. Do yOu really think a soviet enthusiast killed JFK? The presidents simply play the puppet in many cases. Hopefully Ron will be able to outwit them and prosper.

19. The electoral college is in place so that our republic doesn't fall into a total democracy. Unfortunately, the majority of the citizens aren't informed enough to place an accurate vote. The electoral college ensures that even if the people vote for one candidate, it doesn't make him the best leader (such as Al Gore). The electoral college is provided in the Constitution, but the founding fathers recognized its weaknesses. It needs reform, but trusting the popular vote completely is not the answer.