ROMs for android?

Discussion in 'General' started by Spark It29, Jun 8, 2012.

1. My understanding of a ROM is like a file for a gameboy, nes, n64, etc. emulator that lets you play the games on your computer.

Now I'm hearing about ROMs that enhance the performance for androids. I've had the Galaxy S2 for awhile and have never really messed around with the inside.

Can anyone that has knowledge on the subject, and tell me what kind of ROMs there are, how to put them on your phone, and what they do. Thanks!

2. Go to Silicone Valley section. You'll get WAY more focused advice

3. Nobody can explain it to you, because it's an involved process. It's not difficult by any means, but it's not something you can do with a step-by-step guide, because if you mess up one of those steps, you need to know how to fix it right then and there.

It's best to educate yourself. While Samsungs are notoriously difficult to hard brick, it CAN happen, so you need to know what you're doing.

Samsung Galaxy S II I9100 - xda-developers

4. #4 Spark It29, Jun 8, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: Jun 8, 2012
    Well I mainly just want to know what they are and what they do, because I have no idea.

I looked at the link you gave as well. I didn't realize it was such an involved process, much like jail breaking an iPhone (with the risk of bricking it, because I honestly didn't read a lot). I thought they might of just been files you drag and drop and maybe use an app or something. Thanks though.