Romney wants to ban abortion and contraceptives

Discussion in 'Pandora's Box' started by CrowClaw, Sep 10, 2012.

1. #41 eazye187, Sep 13, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 13, 2012
    [quote name='"Jimmuhcat"']

I think you're missing the point of .

you are one sick individual if it's a-okay to force a girl to carry, birth and take care of a baby she did not plan because some asshole thought it was okay to RAPE her. The girl would have a horrible life after that having to keep her secret of being raped(because let's be honest, victims of rape hardly ever get justice and are often ridiculed after the fact is brought to the open), being ridiculed for having a baby without the father around or even mentioned, AND the baby will have a horrible life being infected with AIDS and sick all the time.

I know a girl who has two babies from rape and it sickens me that her family thought it was okay because that's the christian thing to do, all the while she gets welfare cos she's too lazy to get a job, SSI on top of welfare and government housing. she sells her food stamps on facebook for booze too..[/quote]

Why not put the baby up for adoption? Abortions reduce your ability to conceive again. Just my opinion Im just pro-life.

But its ultimately up to the parent anywho, I don't think people should tell or force others what to do with themselves, but I don't think abortion and shit like that should be promoted either.

2. And that's why he's not going to win the election. Not the only reason but one of many.

3. I completely understand your argument, people should be pro-life when it comes to having children in loving committed relationships. However do you know any adopted kids/adults? I have two good friends that were adopted, one of them was lucky enough to be taken into a nice home and I honestly cannot say that for the other. I think, I as an individual, would feel equally as shitty putting a child up for adoption as aborting it. The main idea I was trying to convey is how the victim would be emotionally tortured carrying the baby of the man that completely violated her, possibly tearing her lady bits in childbirth and then having to abandon that child not knowing whether or not it would go to a safe and loving home. That is if it even got adopted, if we're keeping the hypothetical AIDS infected baby scenario, most parents don't want to adopt a seriously sick child.

I'm not saying everybody who is raped should be forced to have an abortion. Leaving the choice to be made by the individual is a good thing for those that could not live with themselves, having to explain their pregnancy to curious friends when she may not want to tell the world she was raped by a selfish, power-hungry subhuman. Just humor me and imagine if you were a girl in that situation. I don't think most people would be able to live with themselves knowing that has happened to them, I know I sure wouldn't..

4. This is what he's lobbying, and if elected would most likely never do it. Simply gaining support, he can make excuses and shit later

5. Is that what it has come to? Elect someone and hope to hell they were just appeasing their base? :( :smoke:

6. #46 eazye187, Sep 13, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 13, 2012
    [quote name='"Jimmuhcat"']

I completely understand your argument, people should be pro-life when it comes to having children in loving committed relationships. However do you know any adopted kids/adults? I have two good friends that were adopted, one of them was lucky enough to be taken into a nice home and I honestly cannot say that for the other. I think, I as an individual, would feel equally as shitty putting a child up for adoption as aborting it. The main idea I was trying to convey is how the victim would be emotionally tortured carrying the baby of the man that completely violated her, possibly tearing her lady bits in childbirth and then having to abandon that child not knowing whether or not it would go to a safe and loving home. That is if it even got adopted, if we're keeping the hypothetical AIDS infected baby scenario, most parents don't want to adopt a seriously sick child.

I'm not saying everybody who is raped should be forced to have an abortion. Leaving the choice to be made by the individual is a good thing for those that could not live with themselves, having to explain their pregnancy to curious friends when she may not want to tell the world she was raped by a selfish, power-hungry subhuman. Just humor me and imagine if you were a girl in that situation. I don't think most people would be able to live with themselves knowing that has happened to them, I know I sure wouldn't..[/quote]

I hear ya man, rape stories are never nice and I always feel horrible for those who been genuinely raped vs those cases which happen a lot where girl wrongfully accuses; sometimes revenge, attention, etc; Other times girls put themselves in an unsafe environment and are partially to be blamed themselves. Just like a cop dying or soldier. It's unfortunate and bad because of the loss of life and family/friends effected but at the same time they knew what they signed up for and the risks that come with being in the environment/field of work they chose to work in. I'm always going to be pro life though because you never know what that kid could grow up to be and do for mankind. People like to predict the worse but truth is there's lots of those who come up in rough conditions and truly succeed and make a positive difference in the world.