Romney wants to ban abortion and contraceptives

Discussion in 'Pandora's Box' started by CrowClaw, Sep 10, 2012.

1. So i hear that Mitt Romney wants to ban abortion and contraceptives. Is there any truth to that and if so why? what does the country have to gain from hgher birth rates. Sounds like a bad idea to me.
    Can someone shed some light on this?

2. [quote name='"CrowClaw"']So i hear that Mitt Romney wants to ban abortion and contraceptives. Is there any truth to that and if so why? what does the country have to gain from hgher birth rates. Sounds like a bad idea to me.
    Can someone shed some light on this?[/quote]

Link? I'm not doubting it just wouldn't like a link to what exactly your referring to..

Romney is Satan btw, he will never be elected so we won't have to worry..... About him

3. actually i think i heard it on a commericial.

4. This is nothing new.

5. regardless if it is new info or not. What is the logic behind it?

6. Banning contraception is nonsense.

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iYZ6ao7jir8]Benefits of Contraceptive Use in the United States - YouTube[/ame]

Mitt Romney would have a great old time in Ireland, abortion is still illegal here. Women who are raped, even women who are risk of death due to the pregnancy still have to travel outside of the country to have their pregnancy terminated. Fucking ridiculous.

7. After doing a quick Google search and reading a few articles, it seems more like he's saying that he's against the government aspect of it.

Doesn't want employers/insurance to be forced to pay for birth control, doesn't want tax money to go to abortions, that kinda thing.

I'm sure he's being real careful about his words though, trying to win votes from as many people as possible. :p

He did mention wanting Roe v Wade overturned, I can find the article again if someone wants it...

8. So he is against the goverment funding abortion but if you can personally afford it you can still get one?

9. :confused_2:

I don't know if he's even given his stance on that, from most every article I've read about his stance on abortion, he seems to be pussyfooting around it a lot. :p

I did find this...

Mitt Romney - Abortion

Interestingly, he apparently said in 1994
    But in an article from an interview with Meet the Press dated today, he apparently says;

I guess he's pro-life, but kinda pro-choice too. ;)

10. #10 DV, Sep 10, 2012
    Last edited: Sep 10, 2012
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

11. #11 Mr. Mojorising, Sep 10, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 10, 2012
    [​IMG]

12. Fundamentally he is against birth control and he is against abortion. They are both contrary to his religion. He believes in abstinence until marriage, and then reproducing like rabbits. It's how he was raised and it's how he raised his children.

The problem is I don't believe he will keep his religion separate from his duties. Exactly to what extent is hard to predict. Almost anyone in the world, when given power, will try to prevent things that they view as wrong. It's human nature. He thinks aborting unborn babies is immoral, so don't be surprised if he tries to make it illegal. I don't think in his wildest dreams he could get away with banning birth control, but he will do his darnedest to make sure that taxpayers don't pay for it (and thereby support pre-marital sex).

13. Obama or Romney, we're fucked regardless, Romney just slows things down a little while things transition. Puppets.

14. Actually, we still have virtually the best economy in the world.

But you can still whine about it if you want.

15. Fuck romney

16. It's part of the Republican party Platform. They don't want any money to go for Planned Parenthood, which will result in more pregnancies too. :smoke:

Republican Party on the Issues

Support human life amendment; oppose abortion funding: Strongly Opposes topic 1
    Promote adoption & abstinence, not abortion clinic referrals: Strongly Opposes topic 1
    Human Life Amendment to the Constitution: Strongly Opposes topic 1
    Ethical research yes; embryo cells no; cloning no: Opposes topic 1
    Ban abortion with Constitutional amendment: Strongly Opposes topic 1
    Alternatives like adoption, instead of punitive action: Opposes topic 1
    Reduce child welfare caseloads & encourage adoption

17. Oh he definitely won't keep his Mormonism separate from his politics.

There's a little known prophecy in Mormon history called the "White Horse Prophecy." It details a time wherein the "Constitution will be hanging by a thread," and a member of the LDS Church will swoop in to save it. Anne Romney has said several times in interviews that she believes her husband has been chosen and set apart by God to set this country right.

Problem is, the LDS Church believes the Constitution is an inspired document, written by men under the influence of the Holy Spirit. Romney has said several times that he will not overturn any of the recent affronts to our Constitutional rights. So there's a fundamental discord between his Mormon beliefs, and actual Mormon theology, that we need to be severely wary of.

18. [quote name='"Runningw235"']

Actually, we still have virtually the best economy in the world.

But you can still whine about it if you want.[/quote]

Printing money from nothing can only get you so far, impossible to get out of debt. Federal reserve is made up of private foreign banks that issue our currency. Every dollar in circulation is owed back with interest making it literally impossible to pay back.

Lots to whine about, both candidates are bought and paid for by the banksters bud, country has been high jacked. Hence the total demonization of the constitution and founding fathers. The constitution is there to protect the American people from tyrannical governments such as what we have today.

"I believe that banking institutions are more dangerous to our liberties than standing armies. If the American people ever allow private banks to control the issue of their currency, first by inflation, then by deflation, the banks and corporations that will grow up around [the banks] will deprive the people of all property until their children wake-up homeless on the continent their fathers conquered. The issuing power should be taken from the banks and restored to the people, to whom it properly belongs."
    President Thomas Jefferson,
    1743 - 1826

19. I was talking to my dad recently about who he's going to vote for, he's voted for republicans every election since he was 18. Until this year. It takes a pretty shitty candidate to make a hardcore republican vote for obama