Rome 2 Total War

Discussion in 'Gamer's Heartbeat' started by Bajhshot, Aug 13, 2012.

1. [quote name='"fenix420"']Maybe you've yet to experience one but there are definitely mods out there that blow away whatever the vanilla game offers. I'm a dedicated modder. I know what you're missing :smoke:

EDIT: for example, if you like playing as Rome in RTW, you could have these guys
    http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showthread.php?t=351149[/quote]

Thats sweet. I wonder how much modding will be able to be done with the new engine. Probably not shit seeing as how CA have been closing off their engines more and more since they can break the bank with DLC. I will buy RTW2 but if there is no modding it may well be the last one i buy. Modding should be a premium feature that is bragged about like a selling point IMO.

2. #22 fenix420, Aug 15, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: Aug 15, 2012

That's exactly the way I see it but lately it seems that there are too many developers out there getting all butthurt when they hear about mods being more popular than their original game. Maybe some see it as a threat to their job? I dunno. If you ask me, more devs need to aspire to be like Valve and Bethesda when it comes to modding policy

3. WW1 or WW2 TW would be amazing -- regardless I still want to play this game. If it only comes out on PC...will just make me regret buying a MAC even more.

4. you probably could've bought a nice desktop for the price of the mac

5. Yes yes...I've heard that before. To be fair I can probably do the bootcamp thing and just install PC games on the mac but I just don't feel like shelling out the extra dough