Rome 2 Total War

Discussion in 'Gamer's Heartbeat' started by Bajhshot, Aug 13, 2012.

1. [ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JReGDeaxaDI]Total War: Rome 2 Announcement Trailer [HD] - YouTube[/ame]

Here is the announcement trailer.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

This game will be my favorite for years to come. Rome total war changed the way I viewed games and quickly became the game that I played the most. Medieval 2 built on this and the next few total wars built on an already solid foundation.

Rome 2 will be the series finally coming full circle back to the game that originally made it famous. Rome is one of the best periods in history and I cannot wait for beach landing battles!!

What aspect are you guys wanting the most from Rome 2? How excited are you for this game?

2. #2 fenix420, Aug 13, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: Aug 13, 2012
    In that large city pic, there are archers in the towers and along the walls of various buildings but IIRC, you weren't able to go inside any structure except walls in the original RTW. I hope placing soldiers in strategically important buildings is a new feature in siege battles because, to be honest, the sieges in the game were a little clunky

3. #3 Flemian, Aug 13, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: Aug 13, 2012
    ^^In Empire TW you were able to put troops in certain buildings and shoot from them.

I think there's already a thread for this but I definatly cant wait. Im gonna try to save up and buy a new computer dedicated to gaming right before the launch of this game so I can enjoy it to its best ability.

I hoope they add more depth to the game. It was getting a bit simplified in the Shogun 2 series.

I wonder if its going to be just the three roman factions or if they will provide a larger nation/city state selection.

4. My main memory of the first RTW is the Greeks being absolute dicks to me. I had an alliance with them, and we were both at war with Egypt.

I ploughed through Egypt until they only had two cities left. And then out of nowhere, the Greeks and Egyptians form an alliance and attack me.

Nevertheless, I look forward to the sequel.

5. I knew it... man, was hoping for a ww1 or ww2 total war...

I hope they atleast make it more to scale. Like with the battle of Pharsalus being fought with the exact number of Pompey and Caesar's cohorts and not a 1:25 scale version like they did...

Also hopefully a much more improved faction AI... not having your allies and neutrals jumping your shit at every opportunity because their missions tell them to blockade some random port somewhere...

6. [quote name='"dannymueller"']I knew it... man, was hoping for a ww1 or ww2 total war...

I hope they atleast make it more to scale. Like with the battle of Pharsalus being fought with the exact number of Pompey and Caesar's cohorts and not a 1:25 scale version like they did...

Also hopefully a much more improved faction AI... not having your allies and neutrals jumping your shit at every opportunity because their missions tell them to blockade some random port somewhere...[/quote]

Indeed a WW1 or 2 would be great but keep in mind that there are many aspects of war not yet implemented and Rome 2 will take us one step closer with beach landings. I think ultimately CA will take us to Ww1 or 2 once certain elements that are required for it to be perfect are ironed out.

FOTS had navy bombardment which is one step closer to modern total war, but honestly, who can deny that RTW was not the revolutionary total war that got most of us hooked? I am excited for a return to the roman era.

I DEMAND WARDOGS!!!!

7. The Rome TW diplomacy system was sloppy but you can never be to trust worthy when in a war.

I want to know if they are going to do the senate system again.. If itll start earlier than the original Rome TW.. that would be interesting.

8. I like your foresight, and you have encouraged me to go download FOTS! Can't wait to go reverse The Last Samurai on some betches now.

No wardogs!??? Tell me atleast have the piggies!!!

But honestly I feel like we've already tread that ground, I want to see the creative assembly be more creative. Because in recent years I've taken to playing more of the modded versions of their games rather then vanilla and regular ones. Like the Third Age mod, I haven't looked at the turn counter once and when I finally did I was on 164.

9. With any luck one of the factions will start on Sicily. I love that starting location. The whole mediteranian is at your reach. Not to mention My fathers side of the family is sicilian.

10. The mods make the total war games better than ever. I play with the radious mods for FOTS which produce some fun games for sure.

I am playing a mod for medieval 2 right now called Thera the Great Torment. It has Uruk Hai from LOTR and Romans and all kinds of crazy shit. Love it to death, been a great mod so far.

I wish CA would release more mod kits for the Empire Engine, but they claim it isnt easy to mod, which I think is bullshit, the community would stop at nothing no matter how difficult.

11. cant wait

12. Yeah, I was really bummed when I could no longer mod TW games post Empire TW. Contrarily, Bethesda's had crazy success with their mod-friendly games; Steam Workshop is concrete proof modding both extends a game's life and brings in the sales. Hopefully CA will wise up and make mod tools available again because, frankly, they would be inexcusably stupid not to.

13. If anything proves that modding can bring in the sales its DayZ... ArmaII sold more copies because of that mod then the regular game.

14. Shit, look at DoTA, one Warcraft mod spawned an entire genre of video games. I'd say modding is a vital part of PC gaming.

15. Idk.. Im not a big modder. I play all my TW games Vanilla... The only game I use a mod for is Arma II DayZ mod.. Otherwise I play everything straight.. The last game I modd'd was C&C Generals.

16. Lol I love the feeling of Godlike power i get from modding the shit out of my games.

Some games I'll leave Vanilla, some I'll completely mod out. But modding definitely extends a game's replay value, it's a great way to put your personal twist on games.

17. I tried to edit the Rome TW game files so that I switch the scipii family name to my families last name since the name is sicilian.

18. #18 fenix420, Aug 15, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: Aug 15, 2012
    Maybe you've yet to experience one but there are definitely mods out there that blow away whatever the vanilla game offers. I'm a dedicated modder. I know what you're missing :smoke:

EDIT: for example, if you like playing as Rome in RTW, you could have these guys
    http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showthread.php?t=351149

19. Modding seems very cool. It sounds time consuming, do you build campaigns?

20. You can do whatever you want, obviously that will have limitations, but yeah.

I am looking forward to RTW2 OP, it should be awesome. Liking how everything looks, I just hope its as moddable as its predecessors and the story is well thought out and not rushed. This is looking to be one of my favourite games of that year.