Rolling your own cigarettes?

Discussion in 'General' started by davida0829, Jan 7, 2014.

1. Any one do this is it cheaper then going through a pack and a half a day? I pay $3.78 for a pack of cigarettesAnyone prefer rolling?Sent from my DROID RAZR using Grasscity Forum mobile app

2. I don't like rolling smokes but if I'm broke, I'll buy tobacco and skins.

3. when i smoked i used to, cigaretttes were getting way too expensive for me and i was starting to cut back anyway, helped me lower my cravings. i always got weird looks from coworkers but after a taste, they were alll begging for rollies.

4. The tobacco you buy in the bags is possibly the shittiest tobacco you can possibily get. Its what the big companies throw away. Then add the cost of tubes (which are very poorly made) and it's a recipe for a nasty smoke

If you're gonna smoke, smoke American Spirits. I know that they take some time to get used to,but once you become accustomed to pure tobacco, you will never go back. I recently tried a Marlboro off a friend, and I couldn't make it past 2 drags. All i could taste was this nasty chemical taste, and it made my clothes stink. The smell from an AS dissipates within a few minutes, whereas a commercial cig will stink up your clothes indefinitely,

5. #5 Shiva Blaster, Jan 8, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Jan 8, 2014
    Roll-your-owns are for bums and welfare moms.   

p.s.  $4 for a pack of smokes is nothing, consider yourself lucky.   I pay almost 3 times that. 

6. Not to mention a pack of Spirits last me 2-3 days so the 6.80 price tag isnt too bad

7. If your going to roll your own cigarettes, do yourself a favour get your self some nice rolling tobacco and a tip, much nicer smoke less chemicals in the tobacco. Saves a lot of money as well, I spend about £15 per month on cigarettes! 

You may want to smoke a slightly thicker rolling paper, I use regular Zig Zag papers on occasion and they work a dream! 

Plus nothing like a nice roll up with your morning cuppa!

8. You can get much better shredded tobacco than the typical stuff behind the gas station counter though. Quality tobacco for rolling can be better and less expensive than big name cigarettes.

9. I carry a pack of smokes on me for travel purposes - it's a stepping stone to getting something for yourself among strangers.

But when I used to smoke, I smoked rollups.

10. I smoked them for a year or two when I was broke. All the ones I've tried tasted like crap compared to packs. They also seemed weak.

If you can't or won't pay for packs it's a viable option.

11. This has been solid advice since tobacco first became known. Sharing/offering a gift of tobacco has opened many a door.

Ain't that the truth.

I'm not sure why I started doing it, but I've been doing it for years and I've got a lot to thank it for. I've had countless conversations start this way, hitched rides, gotten longer rides, been invited into homes to spend the night... all for a cigarette. Or, in a few cases, a cigaweed.

13. Guy I worked with did this. He would roll one in 5 seconds, was crazy.Sent from The Gods.

14. cigarettes cost me €9.50.. so expensive X.X (for comparison, that's about 13 USD)
    a pouch of tobacco costs €4
    so when I'm broke, tobacco is always the attractive offer

15. #15 Enigma, Jan 8, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Jan 8, 2014
    I did it for quite a bit but I realized the smoke was a lot harsher and I just didn't like the taste. It tasted like stale tobacco, I bought a tin of peter stokkabye Amsterdam shag and a few packs of filters and some raws from my LHS and it was eh. I prefer just to buy them.

16. [quote name="Shiva Blaster" post="19298349" timestamp="1389136019"]Roll-your-owns are for bums and welfare moms. p.s. $4 for a pack of smokes is nothing, consider yourself lucky. I pay almost 3 times that. [/quote]Try being broke and then judge manBut naw I can afford it I just prefer the taste and the less money I spend on smokes the more I can put in for greenSent from my DROID RAZR using Grasscity Forum mobile app

17. Thisbe mahmkfiabamy

18. Cigarettes are yuk! Full of shite, I can't smoke them. Golden virginia in rizjas for me cheaper and nice is win win although I'm going to try give all nicotine up soon.

19. Do yourself ,your body ,your mind ,and your wallet a favor and quit.

20. Couldn't you use a pack of raws or other paper? I don't smoke cigs only dip Sent from my XT1080 using Grasscity Forum mobile app