Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

Rolling one up for Survivor Man!

Discussion in 'Seasoned Marijuana Users' started by Vicious, Aug 18, 2007.

1. I wouldnt say that Man Vs Wild is fake.. remember the camera crew is there with parkas on and coffee while they watch Bear Grills drink his own piss to stay warm.

But yeah Survivorman is hard ass and even if Man Vs Wild is fake, a lot of the things he does on the show are real and you can really use in the wild so its a good show.

2. Word but he makes shit seem so hard when the camera man is doing it with 40 pounds of camera gear on.

3. Who the fuck are you guys to call Bear Grylls a pussy. If you take your heads from your asses, you'd realize that both Les Stroud and Bear Grylls go into the wilderness with the means to get themselves out quickly (satellite phones, etc) if something bad happens. For fucks sake, what kind of idiot really believes that an established TV network would send out their crews in deadly situations without any sure way out!? That doesn't mean that Bear couldn't beat the shit out of you in a street fight, or climb a shear cliff face before you even get your first foothold. Perhaps you haven't seen Bear climbing a narrow canyon, back against one side and feet on the other. Perhaps you didn't see him build a big solid raft from shit in the forest. He is a superb athlete, and extremely skilled in situations where you all would surely die.

I always prefer to watch Survivorman because I like the idea of him setting up all his shots and surviving with his equipment, but they have different kind of shows and and its not at all fair to judge him just because he has a camera crew. Blame the marketing team for advertising it as a Watch-Learn-Survive type of program, because Bear and his crew are really just going out into the wild, finding situations that people might find themselves in, then filming how an experienced outdoorsman with special forces training would escape it. He makes it very clear in many of his 'stunts' that only experienced climbers/swimmers/etc should attempt what he's doing. If you want to see how to trap a rabbit, sterilize water, and build a hut in the Forest, watch Survivorman. If you want to be entertained, watching a dude jump into a freezing cold river then doing pushups naked in the snow to warm up, watch Man vs Wild. They're both great shows, but it takes a real moron to say Bear is a pussy.

4. go to tokingjew's link if you think man vs wild is real it pretty much shows stuff that was provided/done for him etc in every episode

5. Even though man vs wild MIGHT(some of it is real, while on camera) be fake, I like that from the start he tries to show you how to find a way out. While survivor man, he usually just chills for a day or 2 and usually waits until the end to find a way out. I like both shows, and how they show you some cool survival stuff.

6. And he has drunk elephant shit. :eek: