Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

Rolling machines

Discussion in 'Seasoned Marijuana Users' started by DutchX8, Sep 28, 2008.

1. Dang, reading this thread i see it has gotten heated in here

Personally, I dislike but don't hate rolling machines. Some of my friends have got rolling machines for joints and one has a blunt roller (just a long version of joint roller).

My problem with them is that
    1. you have another thing to bring with you if you are gonna roll any J's while on the town
    2. they don't work well if you like to put a tip in there (rolled up piece of thick paper)
    3. since you cant put a tip in there, you are gonna have a roach and since you have to roll J's in the machine like a cig, that J will contain a good amount of bud.

Besides those practical reasons, I dont like the machines because people only buy them when they can't roll to their liking which means they gave up on it. Honestly toking a joint you hand rolled to perfection on the spot is great, and people that smoke with you will give you respect for that sick J. I roll all my J's by hand with a paper tip and a conical shape with a loose twist at the end to keep bud from fallin out before lighting.

If you use a machine though, do what you want- who cares?

2. I always put rolled up pieces of card in my j's when i use a roller. works great. I HATE roaches

I just dont have the coordination to roll.

3. I do that too. Unless I have those zigzag filters

4. if u cant roll to well, just get the machine, i cant roll for shit, i dont have a roller, and i really dont plan on learning to roll, i would love to be good at rolling, but i got some glass, and a little one hitter for on the go, so i dont really need to learn to roll

5. Tits or gtfo

6. Well I think what would be nice about a joint roller is that it would be the same each and every time. So, you could roll while really stoned if need be. I dunno, just my thoughts.

7. Since i rarly roll i bought one of those $5 rollers from some corner store and it works GREAT to roll perfect joints, i love it, get one its worth it when your in a hurry or just too damn high to roll decently.

8. Rolling machines are pretty sweet. Grind up the bud and just put it in the rolling machine and out comes a perfectly rolled joint every time.

9. Woah woah woah, have you ever uused a roller?
    I have one and i always use a tip, works perfectly no problems there, so idk what your talkin about, and so what its a tiny thing you can stick in your pocket, its not fuckin huge, pretty discreet.
    Also i dont have to use much bud at all since it does it perfectly,
    And i dont roll enough to roll perfectly so when i do i use a roller.
    Whats the problem?

10. rolling by hand is by far better than a rolling machine...i hate them..i even hate when wrap a pape around a pen and pack it or use a dollar bill to roll...every smoker neeeds to learn how to roll. very convenient and fun...rolled a couple cross j's...its like art to me haha

11. Have you ever seen a joint rolled by machine? I used to have one and it is used for rolling ciggs if you do that. Do you know how easy it is to spot a hand rolled joint vs a machine rolled? Pretty easy if you ask me, just depends on what area he is in.

Id say get a roller, you never know when you will need it. Really easy to crank out a couple joints quickly if you need to. I liked mine alot, only used it for myself and a friend, call me a lazy stoner if you want, but I still hand roll. Just nice to be able to quickly roll and go.

12. I think the best part of a joint is rolling it, so a rolling machine for me is sacrilegious. This is America though, so if you want to use a rolling machine, go ahead. One good thing about the machine is that you can roll cigarette looking j's for stealth toking:smoking:

13. Not quite.. I have a rolling machine and i make tons of Js with little tips in them you just roll up the lil peice of paper your gonna use for your tip and just stick it in the roller at the end of your bud after youve aligned it up in the roller, add rolling paper, proceed to roll and your good! I say buy a rolling machine if you want one it is very handy...

14. no i totally agree that rolling machines are for those who can't roll. simply put, if you own one, you're not confident enough in yourself to roll joints. if you want your joints to look like cigs, just learn to roll them like cigs. i can roll joints to look like cigs, just takes some practice. but i guess if your tryin to take the easy way out thats cool too

15. get one if you want, i recommend not doing it.

just take the time to learn to hand roll.

its a nice ability to have.

plus you cant always have that machine, you know....

16. Thats totally wrong. I can roll joints by hand all day and so can a lot of people who also use rolling machines. Who are you to think you know someone can't roll a good joint just bc they own a machine

17. My fingers work better and faster than any rolling machine I've ever seen.

18. i can roll by hand. i can roll by hand quite well. but i have a roller for when i do not feel like bothering. it saves me some time. and they look nice. but if im out and about i can roll by hand

19. A grinder is the key to fast joints.

20. Yep ^^^ grinded weed is so perfect for any joint