Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

Rolling joints using a hand rolling machine.

Discussion in 'Apprentice Marijuana Consumption' started by metallica2k1, Mar 16, 2009.

1. #1 metallica2k1, Mar 16, 2009
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 16, 2009
    [​IMG]

I just bought this thing and it's already pissing me off. Perhaps I'm just an idiot, but it isn't working very well for me. Help me use it?

I break up the weed, put it in the middle of it, close it, roll it a couple times. Then comes the part that I can't get. I cannot get the fucking paper to go through the rollers like it's supposed to. Every time I try, the roller's orange material bunches up and the rollers don't move. What the hell am I doing wrong? Is the rolling machine too big? It's meant for 100mm cigarettes and I'm using my Zig Zag orange papers (I can't remember the size in inches since the front is ripped off). Do I need a smaller roller?

2. Place bud in..

Shut it,

Roll 3-5 times.

Place paper in. Roll until the glue is almost in and lick it but not too much

roll about 10 times and

BAM

3. Two main things.

Your roach needs to be well made, stiff, and about 5mm in diameter. Not coned in any way.

Your mix needs to be uniformly distributed, the same diameter as the roach all the way along. The diameter of the j-to-be is important. Too thin, the paper will bunch and you'll be left with an unsmokable tight joint. Too thick, you'll have trouble again.

Once you've rolled it a few times without paper in, open it back up to check how nice it is looking. Then, put the long ungummed edge of the paper in to the crack at the top (gum facing you) and roll it down slowly. Try to roll in one signle direction i.e. don't roll it down then up then down again.

The only other thing I can think of is if the paper is too short or too long for the roller. Then you're going to run into a few problems most likely.

4. I just ended up hand rolling one (first J in a while and it wasn't too bad). I think I just got too big of a roller for my papers. I'm going to pick up a smaller hand roller next time I'm out so thanks.

5. I use one of those the way the guy at the headshop instructed me. it's different than what these other blade are saying but it works for me. Pour your chopped weed in and a roach if you want it. next put just the non glue edge of the paper between the cylinders and close it. Roll it until just the glue is visible. lick and continue to roll a little further. Open it up and voila nicely rolled J ready to smoke

6. Those small belt style rollers suck giant nuts.

This is all you'll ever need to buy. Mine is pushing 14 years old & still going strong.

[​IMG]
    Rizla® Metal Automatic Rolling Box

Your Price: $16.99
    [​IMG]
    at Tobacco, Humidors & Cigarette Accessories

Rizla® Metal Automatic Rolling Box
    A durable rolling machine that will last for years! Just like the one Grampa had!

[​IMG] [​IMG] This style of roller takes a little getting used to, but once you get the hang of it, you will use nothing else! Open the box, stuff your paper into the sleeve, fill with tobacco, then lick the strip and simply close the box. The closing action rolls your cigarette around the tobacco and the finished cigarette pops out of the window at the side of the machine.

Direct site link. Yeah it's almost $20 but you'll never need another one. takes standard papers.
    http://www.monstermarketplace.com/General/Landing3880a69.html

7. It's all to do with your thumb.