Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

Roll a J without tobacco?

Discussion in 'Apprentice Marijuana Consumption' started by CannaMatt, Jul 8, 2011.

1. Hey guys, at current I roll my J's with tobacco. The stuff is bad for you and tastes nasty so I'd rather not, but blunt papers are expensive! I want to roll J's with just weed. Can this be done with ordinary rolling papers? I've got really nice OCB X-Pert rolling papers.

Thanks,

Matt

2. Yes, yes it can.

3. why would you put tobacco in it?

4. For real?

What you have been rolling is called a "spliff," not a joint.

A joint by definition is just weed. People roll joints with only weed allllllll the time.

5. Ah fair enough. Sorry it's part of the weed culture here in the UK to always roll with Tobacco. I was also unaware of the difference between a joint and a spliff. Thanks guys!

I heard sometimes it can be hard to keep lit? Or is this because some people can't roll?

6. ive never heard of people purposly putting tobacco in a rolling paper with the greens.. only blunt wraps or cigars for rolling blunts(which contain tobacco in the paper ur rolling with), which in my opinion ruins the taste of good bud

7. Really? It's all up in this thread demonstrating how to roll?

http://forum.grasscity.com/apprentice-tokers/404549-perfection-rolling-guides.html

8. really green bud that was cured slower and maybe fresh(still wet on the inside) will go out.
    if it was cured properly it should burn just fine...

9. #9 Jazzyj, Jul 8, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 15, 2016
    No worries man, I've heard other people say re same thing. There is a difference though.

And that's because some people can't roll, haha. Just roll it tight while still allowing airflow and you'll be fine. Your bud will taste a lot better too. :smoke:

10. Well yeah. I mean papers meant for tobacco (for the purpose of legality they're all "meant" for tobacco, but you know what I mean) will be thicker, taste different (in my opinion a worse), and add a much thicker, dare I say contaminated? Quality to the smoke, but it'll work just fine.

Now if you mean do you need a special kind of joint paper for pure weed joints, no. Just use whatever you're used to rolling with. In fact, I'd say pure weed joints are easier to roll, because weed is nice and fluffy, the good stuff anyway, and tobacco is all dried out and crunchy. It's a lot easier to get weed to stay where you put it.

11. We got a reliable guy who's consistently given us good bud. I've also got a decent grinder so that should aid it.

Haha thanks a lot man. As I said above, got a decent grinder so should burn okay.

Thanks guys, I've felt sick a couple of times when smoking, my suspicion is that it's because of the tobacco. I'm out of town with no weed until 20th July so that sucks. Just gotta come on here and talk about getting high to keep me going.

12. that should work very good.. if the buds are really dense and slightly wet inside you can always let it dry out for a little bit after you grind it up.. it will dry really fast though because of all the surface area after grinding. be careful of over drying it, makes it hard to roll and a little bit more harsh to smoke imo

13. In general, people roll spliffs because they don't have enough weed for a full joint.

Or they just like tobacco. Whatevs.

14. Splifs are HUGE in the uk. But yes lol you can, burns fine if you grind it well try get slow burning pappers.

15. Everyone here in America smokes them without tobacco rare if someone does just a European thing I guess.

16. Yeah the OCB X-Perts I mentioned in the first post are known as some of the best slow burning papers you can get. Thanks everyone, will save the tobacco for when I'm nearly dry.

17. Blunt wraps are apparently nasty because of all the flavoured chemicals etc...

And you can roll just weed with any rolling papers, Rizlas are quite popular in the UK :smoke:

18. In the UK, and most of Europe, rolling tobacco and weed in a spliff is generally the done thing, however I absolutely hate tobacco, so I roll joints. Just make sure it's ground to a good level and rolled well and it should stay lit just fine.

19. #20 Bo Hinch, Jul 8, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: Jul 8, 2011
    Funny rolling story. Back in about 82’/83’ a friend and I went to a Billy Squier concert in Wichatiity, KS. My friend had a rolling machine and a knack for using it. He rolls two oversized joints, then conjoins them in the middle with another paper. This was all done with strawberry flavored papers which were also a reddish-pink. This was a big ol’ blunt looking thing before I ever heard the word blunt used is smoking culture. The J was definetly a , no pun intended, big hit, in the area we were sitting as it got passed around to quite a few people. It was at least as long as, say, an ink pen you hold in your hand. Maybe even a tad bit longer. Great times we used to have.