roleadro led grow lights

Discussion in 'Lighting' started by perkyhobo12345, May 16, 2017.

1. Can some one tell me how these lights perform for growing vs lights around the same price point?

2. #2 perkyhobo12345, May 18, 2017
    Last edited: May 18, 2017

Its actually this one but the other model they have with purple light.the light above doesnt ship to the u.s

3. Are these posts a joke? Nothing here to see..OR are they invisible lights..
    Invisable.gif

4. I don't own one but I've been checking them out. The company was previously called galaxyhydro. I would say it's very comparable to a mars300 or viparspectra. However the mars has notorious reliability problems and there was a guy just today on GC that had his viparspec catch fire. The roleadros seem like a viable choice considering that.

The other point is roleadro has white light models. As a person that grows with burple lights, trust me, it gets old. You think you're used to it then you look back in the room and everything is green. Some sensitive people get headaches when they work around them a lot. White light is so much easier on the eyes.

Be aware the 300 is only a 127 watt light. Don't expect it to do what a 300 watt hps will. It's probably comparable to a 150 watt hps.

I had a guy pm me. I recommended this light for the cost mostly. His plants seemed to like it. $69 right now. It's definitely capable of 4oz's from a single plant if done well. That's about what most people got from the mars300 if they had skill.
    www.amazon.com/Roleadro-Upgrade-Developed-Spectrum-Generation/dp/B01HI3AFYM/ref=sr_1_3?s=lawn-garden&ie=UTF8&qid=1495158096&sr=1-3&keywords=roleadro+led+grow+light
    [​IMG]

5. Don't buy anything labeled galaxy hydro. They've had their name changed for over a year. Anything that still says galaxy hydro is going to be pretty outdated at this point. It's been sitting on the shelf at least over a year anyway.

In a nutshell the roleadros are one of the large number of cheaper mostly Chinese made led panels on the market. IMO they are probably one of the better ones but that is subjective.

If you have just a little more money to invest these lights are twice as good and not even twice as expensive per watt. The best drivers in the industry (meanwells). Top bin samsung led's. These aren't "as cheap as we can get them out the door" Chinese crap.

260 actual watts. More then twice as powerful as the roleadro300.
    260W QB LED Kit
    [​IMG]

6. When people poo poo spending real money on lights I have to remind them how expensive weed is. That light I linked can easily grow 8 oz's every crop. 8oz's is over $1000 no matter where you are. It's more like over 2K here. That means that the light I linked paid for itself 6 times the first crop. How is that not a good investment?

You'll never be sorry buying quality lighting. The best highest potency bud is grown with the best lights not knock off ebay panels honestly. That extra money goes somewhere every crop.

7. LOL! "Over half a decade".... you mean 5 years. Wow. hehe. I'm sorry. The usage of words to clearly exaggerate the time frame was priceless for me. I have a weird sense of humor.

I'm not putting them down really. I know all their new products are called Roleadro now though so I don't see why I would buy the older Galaxy Hydro branded gear.

At the same time, lets not pretend that they are an upper end light. They are a budget light. They fill that void fairly well but there is better stuff on the market if you want to spend a little more and the price drops all the time.

8. LED lights have undergone a bit of an evolution over the last 2-3 years. The best manufacturing methods have switched from large single 3 and 5 watt diodes like you see on most panels to something called a cob led. COB is an acronym that stands for Chip On Board. The samsung led's I linked a few posts up are the newest versions on smaller rectangular circuit boards. For a while the best were the 30mm round COB from cree, citizen, and vero like these.
    Timber Grow Lights
    [​IMG]

These have proven to be some of the highest gram per watt grow lights ever used with experienced growers yielding up to 2 grams per watt. The 3 and 5 watt diode versions struggled to get to 1gram per watt. The cob white light led's are the evolution of the design. This is an old video now and the prices have came way down with other players coming in the market. Most are passively cooled with no fan and essentially waterproof.

9. Those plants have only seen Roleadro 300w. They work just fine so far cant say gram to watt though as I havent gotten there with these yet.[​IMG][​IMG]

Sent from my SM-G920P using Tapatalk

• Like Like x 1
  10. Multiple Roleadros not a single one I own 7 in all lol

• Like Like x 1
  11. Like I said. It fills it void well. It's a great budget light but it is a budget light. There are better lights out there if you spend more money I assure you. My latest crop at 4 weeks under a platinum p900 and p450 in a 4x4. Those are old tech crap compared to the other cob lights I linked. I know that. But the platinum light do grow some great bud. I haven't upgraded yet but always researching.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    Some old pics.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

12. Seems like the post blow up but thanks for all the info.i have a small cfl grow box that i normally use just for early veg for outdoor plants but i want to use an led for flowering a small plant(scrog) along side some cfls.

13. i also saw they offer a 400( 200)watt cob light for 100$ might get it insead of the 300(126)watt since its only 30$ more

14. Do it, I bet itll be quality.

15. #15 perkyhobo12345, Sep 16, 2017
    Last edited: Sep 16, 2017
    Hey this is just an update now that I've owned this light for a while.i ended up with the 125 led because of space issues but I'm happy.this Maui plant is in a one gallon pot (my mistake) is about 2 -3 mabye even 4 weeks away with harvest. IMG_20170915_201408.jpg

Attached Files:

• Like Like x 1