Roger's Perpetual Garden of Eden

Discussion in 'Indoor Grow Journals' started by STONEROGER, Oct 9, 2012.

1. #1 STONEROGER, Oct 9, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: Oct 12, 2012
    Hello fellow GC growers! This will be my third and last grow journal as from now I'm going perpetual! all updates will be to this thread!

The Set Up

(NEW) Veg/Clone cupboard - 60cm X 50cm X 125cm.
    75w CFL soon to be updated to a T5 or LED system.
    Propagator with a 30cm Aquarium plant light
    . IMAG0285.jpg

(EXISTING) Flowering Tent - 120cm X 120cm X 200cm Secret Jarden.
    600W HPS with a 6" Cool Tube and a 480m3 Extractor with 500m3 Rhino Carbon Filter.
    IMAG0289.jpg

(NEW TENT REMODELING)
    Once current grow is completed My tent will be gutted cleaned and remodeled with some awesome new features.

First a new turntable for the girls to sit on. It can spin around for easy access and to increase light availability to the girls. Thanks to herb ballistic for the inspiration
    IMAG0286.jpg

Second I'm going to rig up a watering system as I'm so very sick and tired of the 30 trips to the sink every few days! Something that i can stick on the tap turn on wait 2 minuets or so then turn off and put away. Simple! just the way i like it.

+ Many other smaller changes that i will explain when the tent is empty and i can figure out exactly what needs to be done

(THE SEEDS) I Have given a lot of thought into what seed i will grow as i have had problems with herm Hy-birds from crap seed banks. Finlay i decided on (Royal Queen Seeds - Northern Lights) and (Barney's Farm - Red Dragon) these will be my mothers everything going into the Flowering Tent will be Clones and whatever decides to herm will be destroyed!
    IMAG0274.jpg

(THE PERPETUAL PLAN)
    I will be taking 2-4 clones every 2 weeks from the 4 mothers. They will be rooted then vegged for at least 2 weeks before being transplanted into the flowering tent. This means i will be harvesting 2 girls every 2 week from sometime in January 2013

Lets get growing!

2. #2 STONEROGER, Oct 9, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: Oct 12, 2012
    I have germinated 3 Northern Lights and 1 Red Dragon seeds all have popped and will soon be out of the ground and on to their first steps to motherhood.
    IMAG0291.jpg

3. :wave:Here for the ride stone.:D

4. Thanks m8 I'm really looking forward to having no herm issues!!!... well after the first run of clones anyway. Its gonna be slow one to get going but once i set up my mother stock i think its gonna get real interesting

5. Awesome! I love to see growers start new perpetual grows, so I will be subscribing to this thread and watch the progess.

I just got mine up and running, and finally producing harvests every 2 weeks. It is a lot of work and waiting, but worth it.

Keep the updates coming!

6. Will do. I know it will be slow and take a long time but i should have up to 5 months supply off my current grow so i will have the time to make sure everything is perfect.

Update

Ok so all the girls have shed the shell and are looking happy. . . apart from 1 of the Red Dragon i think she has failed. It's a shame but not the end of the world i have 3 more seeds i can germ.

hay herb i bought a coping saw spent 45 mins sawing the fuck out of that bit of wood and i haven't even done the first 1/4 lol its gonna take me a long time! a very very long time!!!

i will take a some pictures tomorrow peace out!

7. If you can get a cheap jigsaw off ebay will help 5 mins max

8. Sorry its been a while :p So i just thought i would do a quick update. I now have 3 northern lights and 1 red dragon. also started to sprout 3 OG kusk/C99 just to see what they would do! :D
    I'm in need of a little fan and a better light! I might setup my single T5 aquarium light just for a little extra.
    Here is today's picture
    IMAG0297.jpg

9. Update Time!

It's been a busy few days to say the least. I have spent a long time doing free base extractions so i haven't had time to do very much else! So today has been a bit of a rush but i think i have achieved a lot. .

1. I have finished cutting my grow turntable using only a coping saw. . . That was fun! I still cant find my sandpaper but it's OK it can wait a little longer. I'm still in need some wheels and the wood to sit it on.
    IMAG0305.jpg

2. After careful stoned consideration I decided to pop a whole host of seeds that I have accumulated along the way!

My veg space now has: (3 X Northern Lights) (4 X Red Dragon) (3 X C99/OG Kush) (4 X C99) (4 X PPP/WW/BB) and (1 X Black Sugar).

I should mention that a fair amount will not survive I plan to abuse some in tests and also stick some straight into flower. And some will be cloned depending on how well they preform.
    Sadly still got about 3 week before i can clean out the flowering tent and get it ready for my perpetual garden.
    I will post a picture when the lights come back on!

10. Going with the c99 and og again.?

11. They are my test subjects :D anything that dont look right will be destroyed along with its mother. As long as i have the northern lights everything else is expendable. . . I know what your saying herb but if i kill off all the weak links I should have a nice mix of parent stock and with the addition of the turntable I will be able to examine every bit of each plant! i know i will find/have herm issues on this first run n maybe the second but they will get weeded out then i will be happy

12. I wouldn't mind knowing if my herm issues were caused by environmental factors or bad genetics I dont want to write these otherwise awesome strains off if it was my prior heat issues that caused them to do it.
    Is it true that seeds from plants in a particular environment are better suited to that environment than the plant it came from?

13. Made my first SIP Bucket the other day its pretty sweet!!
    IMAG0314.jpg

14. Well roger the sip is looking sweet are you from a hot state if so they should same you some time.

15. naah Im from down south in the good old uk. The SIP is more for better access to oxygen water and nutes than 4 any time saving. I do however. . . .sometimes forget to water my grow so it might help on that front. It will also be interesting to see if it works better than what i currently use.

16. I keep forgetting to post here! ok i have been trying to germ some of the seeds i have so far got some (C99 hybrid), (Purple Power Plant/Big Bud/White Widow), (C99 Hybird/O G Kush), (C99/Skunk Haze), (Northern Lights) & (Red Dragon) only the Northern lights & Red Dragon are true mother stock most of the rest are going straight into the flower tent to keep me going till i have my select stock for cloning
    IMAG0329.jpg

17. god i wish i had a better camera !!! :(

18. Ok now my flower tent has been gutted cleaned and my new shiny turntable has been installed and works great I'm gonna give it a rest for a few weeks before i start putting the new girls in it. I will start with the bag seeds while the mothers mature enough to clone
    Look It Works :cool:
    IMAG0331.jpg
    let the fun begin!

Attached Files:

19. Hey Roger, looking real good.

Have you ever considered throwing the mothers into flowering though instead of keeping them around?

For instance, lets say you have a mother that's 6 weeks old. You take 2 clones from it. In another 2 weeks you take 2 more clones from it. In another 2 weeks you take another 2 clones from it and then you throw it into flowering. By that time you have 2 clones that are a month old, 2 that are 2 weeks old and 2 that are just starting. In 2 weeks you can take 2 clones from the oldest clone and then throw it into flowering. Repeat every 2 weeks. And that way you free up space by not keeping mothers around and still have a constant supply of clones for your perpetual grow?

20. HELLO stoneroger:wave: turntable looks good:D ,I just take cutting off cutting no loss.