Roger Waters takes The Wall on the road

Discussion in 'Music genres, Bands and Artists' started by Sunfish, Apr 14, 2010.

1. It has been 30 years since Pink Floyd unveiled its now legendary rock opera The Wall. Second to 1973's Dark Side of the Moon, which has experienced a resurgence of late, the two-disc, 26-track LP would prove to be one of the band's more popular and influential albums, and would go on to be the best selling album of 1980.

Some would call it brilliant. Others would call it a masterpiece. Former Pink Floyd frontman Roger Waters, who penned The Wall, would call it a personal narrative, and, come September 15th, the album which he'll be touring in support off during what will be a massive North American tour.

As much rumored, Waters will be reliving The Wall on a multi-month endeavor, which currently keeps the acclaimed musician on the road through December. After launching in Toronto on September 15th, Waters will essentially circle the midwestern and eastern portion of the U.S. and Canada before ultimately heading to Texas in late November and wrapping things up with a series of dates across the west coast. Currently, 35 dates have been announced with at least 50 planned.

“30 Years ago when I wrote The Wall I was a frightened young man,” explained Waters in an interview with Spinner.com. “Well, not that young - I was 36 years old. It took me a long time to get over my fears. Anyway, in the intervening years it has occurred to me that maybe the story of my fear and loss with it's concomitant inevitable residue of ridicule, shame and punishment, provides an allegory for broader concerns: Nationalism, racism, sexism, religion, whatever! All these issues and ‘isms are driven by the same fears that drove my young life.”

He continued, “This new production of The Wall is an attempt to draw some comparisons, to illuminate our current predicament, and is dedicated to all the innocent lost in the intervening years.”

Exact specifics regarding the tour's stage production are forthcoming, but rumors place it as similarly massive to that of Water's Dark Side of the Moon tour, which took place between 2006 and 2008. We'll post more info on that, as well as ticket information when it becomes available. Until then, check out the full list of announced dates below. Update: Dates are starting to appear on Ticketmaster.com, which lists a pre-sale beginning Monday, May 3rd and a general onsale on Monday, May 1oth. Prices range between $50 and $250. Update #2: Waters' new website has been launched. A ticket request form is now available.

Roger Waters 2010 Tour Dates:
    09/15 – Toronto, ON @ Air Canada Centre
    09/20 – Chicago, IL @ United Center
    09/21 – Chicago, IL @ United Center
    09/26 – Pittsburgh, PA @ Consol Energy Center
    09/28 – Cleveland, OH @ Quicken Loans Arena
    09/30 – Boston, MA @ TD Garden
    10/05 – New York, NY @ Madison Square Garden
    10/08 – Buffalo, NY @ HSBC Arena
    10/10 – Washington, DC @ Verizon Center
    10/12 – Uniondale, NY @ Nassau Coliseum
    10/15 – Hartford, CT @ XL Center
    10/17 – Ottawa, ON @ ScotiaBank Place
    10/19 – Montreal, QC @ Bell Centre
    10/22 – Columbus, OH @ Schottenstein Center
    10/24 – Detroit, MI @ Palace of Auburn Hills
    10/26 – Omaha, NE @ Qwest Center
    10/27 – St. Paul, MN @ Xcel Energy Center
    10/29 – St. Louis, MO @ Scottrade Center
    10/30 – Kansas City, MO @ Sprint Center
    11/03 – Meadowlands, NJ @ IZod Center
    11/08 – Philadelphia, PA @ Wachovia Center
    11/09 – Philadelphia, PA @ Wachovia Center
    11/13 – Ft. Lauderdale, FL @ Bank Atlantic Center
    11/16 – Tampa, FL @ St. Pete Times Forum
    11/20 – Houston, TX @ Toyota Center
    11/21 – Dallas, TX @ American Airlines Center
    11/23 – Denver, CO @ Pepsi Center
    11/26 – Las Vegas, NV @ MGM Grand Garden Arena
    11/27 – Phoenix, AZ @ US Airways Center
    11/29 – Los Angeles, CA @ The Forum
    12/06 – San Jose, CA @ HP Pavilion
    12/10 – Vancouver, BC @ General Motors Palace Place
    12/11 – Tacoma, WA @ Tacoma Dome
    12/13 – Anaheim, CA @ Honda Centre

2. My brother and I wanna go see this.

He is a huge Floyd fan, and told me Waters can't sing that well anymore due to his terodactyl screams and shit during Floyd's career.

I want to go regardless. Re-fucking-gardless.

3. Fuck... no Milwaukee show. I saw him here in the summer of 2007 during his Dark Side tour. I guess I'll have to make it to a Chicago show (ewww... Illinois).

He still gives you one hell of a concert experience. I highly recommend going.

4. Hell yea St. Louis is on the list!!!! This makes me sooo excited!!!! :hello::hello::hello:

5. i know where ill be september 30th. and imo hes still rigth on par with his old self. obviously not AS good but still amazing

6. You will find me at the Tachoma Domer in December. I can't believe it...my chance has finally come. I thought I'd have to invent time travel to go see Pink Floyd. Well, Roger Waters I guess. But hey close enough for me.

7. come up

8. i would at least try to get tickets if it werent just the wall...the wall sucks...if he played animals or WYWH or almost any other album i would be cool with it...but the wall is floyds second worst album imo