Rodrigo Duterte Death Squads

Discussion in 'Politics' started by TripleGGG, Aug 13, 2016.

1. #1 TripleGGG, Aug 13, 2016
    Last edited: Aug 14, 2016
    In case you don't know who Rodrigo Duterte he is the new elected Philippines president. They call him "The Punisher" in the Philippines because when he was Mayor of Davao city at the time it was the most dangerous city notorious for crime,drugs,terrorist attacks,corruption and kidnappings but when he became mayor he established these death squads. If you don't know what a death squad it's basically just a vigilante group that kills criminals with no questions asked.

Davao city was tagged as "Nicaragua of Asia" just how unbelievably dangerous it was but ever since he became mayor and established death squads and vigilante groups it's now the most safest city in the Philippines and one of the most safest in whole of Asia as well. He's also been known to get a rid of corruption as well. Here's what's the crime like now in Davao city including public opinions on how safe they feel and as you can see it's very safe Crime in Davao .

I been to Davao city last year and I could easily walk around 2am in the morning with no problems or worry about getting kidnap anymore. He's doing this right now and hundreds of criminals and drug dealers are getting shot dead and thousands ended up turning themselves and lately it's showing that the capital city Manila crime has been going down because of his method and it's only been a couple of months. Philippines is basically going through the phase that China,Japan,South Korea did with it's crime which was basically a brutal crackdown and now those 3 are one of the most prosperous countries in the world all of them being one of the safest countries with very little drug problems. Japan also has the highest life expectancy ever and also the safest city in the world Tokyo which houses nearly 40 million people yet Detroit with less than 1 million is a war zone compared to Tokyo.

Not sure what yous think about this but even though I don't completely agree with the method but if you ever been to the Philippines you'll know how bad the crime and drug problem is that it's really depressing to see it in front of you and it needs to be wiped out somehow. If it works for Davao city then it worked. Manila is pretty dangerous and has the highest homeless rate in the world. I can't go out at night without getting asked if I want to buy 'Shabu' even in Makati which is pretty much the rich side of Metro Manila. When ever they do get caught they mainly bribe the police and they would be happy with $5 to let them ago it's literally impossible to get arrested there. Anyways what's your opinion on this?

Davao Death Squad - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

EDIT: He is in favour of medical marijuana however not sure what he thinks about recreational

2. I heard they've been killing innocent people too.

It's really been crazy in the Philippines for a while now. Got some Phillipino friends who visit and say it's wild. Hopefully they can find some peace over there.

3. #3 TripleGGG, Aug 13, 2016
    Last edited: Aug 13, 2016
    It's death squads what do you expect there's no courts? If they know you been drug dealing or been committing crimes or about to shoot back you're gunna get shot to death with no questions asked. Countries in Latin America might need to do this soon it's out of control there and showing them love isn't gunna change the gangs minds and all they do is bribe the cops so not even the police trying to arrest them work.

Philippines is a nice country mainly around Cebu city or the islands near it. One of my favourite times travelling was in the Philippines and it's also the country with the nicest people I ever met either that or Thailand. Every where I went everyone was so nice to help and greet me. I remember arriving to my hotel with a uber driver and before I shut the door she told me to wait before I went in to tell me "Welcome to the Philippines!" with this genuine smile in her face and told me to have a great time and I did have a very good time and I was very welcomed when she said that. The scenery in the Philippines was breathtaking. The only truly dangerous place is down the south which is full of muslim jihadist which you should avoid at all times. Rodrigo sorted them out in Davao and now soon he's president he's gunna put them into extinction.

4. ik I am never going to go there.

• Like Like x 3
  5. #5 TripleGGG, Aug 13, 2016
    Last edited: Aug 13, 2016
    It's actually a really nice place just avoid the south where all the muslim terrorist groups are at soon the country is mainly catholic and don't go to Manila because no offense but that city isn't worth staying in. I only stayed in Metro Manila for 3 days wasn't really into it and isn't really safe either.

Here's a good travel vid on where to go in the Philippines it's worth a watch.

6. Understanding Duterte: What a psych report says

In case you wondering if there is a shred of sanity in him, there really isn't. If you follow the same logic, you need immediate medical attention.

7. So the drug prices in the city have gone sky high? That's one city I'll never visit!

Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum mobile app

• Like Like x 1
  8. #8 TripleGGG, Aug 14, 2016
    Watching that video the likes/dislikes ratio is like 20-1 and the comments are mainly Filipino's saying ABS is desperate. Apparently the Philippines media was constantly trying to bash this guy him being a outsider but he still ended up winning 40% of the vote compared to the runner up with 23%. I was expecting a lot of my friends over there to be disappointed but to my surprise everyone was glad he won even my soul mate. They don't care about what offensive joke he says they only care about what he will do for the Philippines and looking at the previous presidents and other mayors they haven't did shit and he's also not a member of the elite.

The wealth equality is terrible there Makati looks like a really rich city but when you walk around the streets it's full of homeless children and people smoking shabu in public it's depressing. This is one of the reasons why I don't like going to Metro Manila. He did well for Davao city where it used to be the biggest dump,corrupted and crime ridden place and now it's the most safest and one of the most prosperous cities in the Philippines so I hope he does the same for the country whatever it takes for the people of the Philippines. If he can transform a place like Davao then who gives a fuck about what bad mean things he said if he hurts your feelings then don't vote for him but I wouldn't give a shit what he says to my face it doesn't change the way he transformed Davao as mayor and his will.

Half of this vid is English but all I can say he seems like a different kind of leader than the previous and traditional politics they had

9. #9 TripleGGG, Aug 14, 2016
    Weed is still pretty cheap in my experience but terrible quality but so is most of Asia's street weed. Best way to find weed is go to one of the smaller islands soon not as much police are there and this is the same for Thailand and Indonesia where they sell weed in bars and serve them in food as well.

10. I think he's badass. For real.

• Like Like x 1
  11. #11 TripleGGG, Aug 14, 2016
    Before he was mayor he used to drive around the city on his Harley Davidson motorbike with his sunglasses with a shot gun attached to his bike lol he's like the asian terminator XD

Here's him tormenting his kidnappers. That bitch slap at the end though

• Like Like x 1
  12. 'Philippine president Rodrigo Duterte has refused to apologise for calling the US ambassador “gay” and “the son of a whore” in remarks that sparked a diplomatic row.

The State Department had summoned the Philippine charge d’affaires on Monday to explain why Duterte last week ridiculed ambassador Philip Goldberg in a speech before soldiers. The US embassy on Friday reiterated that Duterte’s remarks were “inappropriate and unacceptable”.

But the president was defiant. “I will not apologise for anything. He did not apologise to me when we saw each other. Why should I apologise to him?”

Duterte told reporters that Goldberg started the dispute, recalling that during the campaign for May elections, the ambassador criticised him for joking about raping an Australian missionary who was sexually assaulted and murdered in a 1989 prison riot in Davao, the city he ran for two decades.'

Philippines: Rodrigo Duterte not sorry for calling US envoy a 'gay son of a whore'

13. Just to tell you even though he says the most controversial things ever he's pro LGBT and shows a lot of support for women equality. He's more liberal than conservative

LGBT
    He stands in support of LGBT rights. Though he sometimes publicly throws around pejorative terms like queer, Duterte has also firmly condemned discrimination against the LGBT community in the Philippines. He has said that as President, he would consider legalizing same-sex marriage and supports allowing LGBT people to serve in the military. In an appearance on a Philippine talk show last summer, he said that he’d have no issue with his son if he came out as gay, and said that “everyone deserves to be happy.”

Women issues
    “I’ve known him for many years and have been so impressed by the women-centered programs they had in Davao,” Philippine Senator Pia Cayetano, who is one of the country’s most prominent female political figures and a vocal defender of women’s rights, told TIME on Wednesday. “I’ve told him that he needs to improve his language drastically, because it distracts people from the work he’s done.”

Cayetano said that Duterte took his hallmark hands-on approach to women’s issues, assembling lawyers to assist women in domestic-violence cases and personally paying the legal fees himself. She recalled being “pleasantly surprised” to learn that a beauty pageant did away with its swimsuit competition after Duterte said he wanted to better emphasize the “talents of women, rather than the objectification of them.”

Like she said people are more worried about the things he say rather than what he actually did

14. You have me wrong pal. I like what he said about the US ambassador.

Too many countries bow down to the US, Duterte is correct to tell the US to fuck off.

• Like Like x 1
  15. I am certainly not down for the possible deaths of innocents, like someone said before. But if hes handled crime and corruption the way its said he has, then nice more power to em

Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum mobile app

16. Lol this guy killed ALOT of people!

17. It doesn't matter. He could be the biggest leftie in the world but if he supports this authoritarian strongman death squad bullshit there's no way I can support him. Extra judicial killing like torture sounds good in theory until you actually realize the government is completely incompetent and will kill/torture innocent people especially if you give them carte Blanche like this.

18. #20 MasterKief7, Aug 28, 2016
    Last edited: Aug 28, 2016
    Errr have you not heard of Davao city which he governed? The people of Davao would disagree with you on that. It was the one of the most dangerous cities in Asia now it's the safest city in the Philippines also one of the most visited and best places to live in the country in terms of quality of life. It was none of that before. Japan,Korea,Hong Kong etc all went through the same crack down on crime now they dont even mention it they're very prosperous and crime free countries. Tokyo is the safest city in the world yet most populated. Take a look at Honduras with their soft laws which has the highest homicide rate in the world...In Honduras all you have to do is bribe the police and some are involved in the drug trade so good luck thinking of a possible yet soft solution to that.

You know they not purposely killing innocent people or allowed to right? That would be an anarchy. Torture is also not the point of it and is unnecessary. I think your confusing that with extreme interrogation which is different. A top Chinese drug dealer there got shot and his cronies arrested in a drug raid recently so no they aren't innocent and neither was a pedophile who also got shot so fuck him.

The Philippines National Police would disagree on you because apparently it worked and crime has dropped by 49%. Guess what....it's only been 2 months lol

PNP chief: Crime rate down 49%

In just 2 months he's already considered one of the most liked and trusted president ever Rody gets 91% trust rating, Leni 62% – Pulse