Rodents

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Outdoors' started by Let-it-grow, Mar 20, 2009.

1. i had a kush plant indoors and just saw the preflowers 2 days ago, the plant is about 7 weeks old and the stem as fat as a dime. i planted it in a very rich ecosystem of an area near a lake and im wondering if i need to worry about smaller rodents eating it. its about 8 inches tall. do i have to worry ?

2. Moth balllsss to the rescue

3. copper ring, moth balls, slug repellant.:wave:

4. #4 Let-it-grow, Mar 21, 2009
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 21, 2009
    moth balls will keep animals from eating my plants? if i just leave it, would small rodents harm the plant even though its this tall ?

5. #5 Corto Malteze, Mar 21, 2009
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 21, 2009
    Yes. Place a few half full cups hidden on your spot. I don't know which animals it repels. Leave the copper ring and moth balls at all times (even if they're tall). Slug repellant if you start them guerilla on the ground. I recommend to use a crate on an elevated bush to start guerilla style. I never used the copper ring or moth balls and didn't have any problems. But it doesn't hurt to protect more. Watch them closely for 1st month (slug repellant or beer is necesssary esp. on the ground).

6. right on sounds good, what do you mean by a copper ring though

7. It's one of Oldpork's tricks. You get some copper in a flexible cable and circle the plant with it. Slugs won't cross it (kills/repels them if they try).

For the beer, bury a half can full of beer. Slugs will drink it and get drowned.

8. haha where do i burry the beer? like right next to the plant or what. It just rained pretty long all night into the morning, the spot is in a forest close to my house, when should i check it out you think? i havent seen it since i planted it in the ground last thursday

9. slugs , snails come out after the rains as you know. I use slug repellants I scatter around plot (it kills both). Put some new granules after a few rains. They'll eat your sprouts if not stopped. Use the copper ring too. The half can of beer is buried in the ground next to the plants ( i don't use it though)..

10. right on should i strip the wire of the plastic coating or just put copper wire around the plant

11. if you have the nerve to kill, get a .22 caliber pellet rifle and just sit there and wait... headshots are quick and painless on the animals... if you think the varmints have the right to live, then do what the folks above have stated... but i've always found lead to the head to be a better stratgey for keeping varmints out of any garden (a weed garden or otherwise).