Rockwool?

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Indoors' started by sandman1959, Jun 26, 2008.

1. What are the do's and dont's on starting seeds in rockwool? How damp? Treat same as if in a starter pot of soil? If someone has had experience with rockwool blocks, drop me a reply and let me know what works and what doesnt... Gracia's Dude or Dudette's...

2. One thing i can tell ya, is to soak your rockwool in 5.5 ph water 24 hrs to "season" them

I guess it helps them to stay neutral......6.8 being the target ph. :smoking:

3. Thats the type of info im looking for.

4. :D
    To start seeds in rockwool, use a chopstick to bore the hole slightly if needed, and place the seed at least three seed lengths deep - 1 centimeter

I leave the light (CFC's) on 24 hrs... or use a timer on 18-6 ... its all good

Keep em moist... dont let water pool

Check the tray for weight to know when they need watering...

Transplant when you see some nice roots develop...

I always use organic hydro nutes ...advanced nutrients@ offers a very good line of products...

5. What are the advantages in starting a seed in rockwool...? just wondering, I dont quite get it.

6. or you can swing by walmart, buy a 25 pack of jiffy peat pellets for about $2 and sprout your seeds in that. can be transplanted to soil or hydro once rooted.

regards,
    linedrivr

7. As far as advantage, i think its a good root growing medium, and then you just drop the whole root ball in a hole without shock.?