Rockwool Pros??? Deficiency flowering week 2...

Discussion in 'Coco Coir' started by slimjimham, Dec 11, 2019.

1. Ok so I'm banging my head up against the wall... ive tried what I feel like is everything

higher ec, lower ec, higher ph, lower ph, ramping the lights up slower when moving to flower

basically I'm growing in rockwool 6x6x6 blocks, when i move the plants to flower i put them on unislabs

ec in veg is 1.4
    ec in flower is 1.8

ec in blocks is 2-6 with my grosens meter

any idea why every time i put my plants in flower around week 2 they start yellowing out prematurely?

I'm feeding every hours for a 1m20s with 2 (2gph drippers)

and the plants are so large i need to give them 3 night irrigations or they will dry back to 7% or so which obv isnt good....

what do you guys think?

I use HGV nutrients, on a dosatron system

I recently started using UC Roots in the system hoping if it was a root rot issue itd help (which i dont think it is)

I'm using RO well water

I've also tried more frequent irrigations... seems like every hours is pretty good for the charts though

WHY THE HELL ARE THE PLANTS ALWAYS SHOWING DEFICIENCY STARTING WEEK 2 OF FLOWER?!

its not a nutrient salt buildup since theres plenty of runoff... in the room pictured i gave it veg nutrients the first two weeks of flower to see if that'd help and they seemed to take off a bit quicker but in the past they got flower nutrients right when they went in the flower room

help me guys... my home grow looked fucking perfect, not my commercial spot is struggling to get dialed in

Attached Files:

2. Is that 2.6 in the blocks or 2-6? Either seems on the high end. I would try cutting back on the nutes some. If your input is 1.8 and it is rising to 2.6 it means the plant is using more water than food. Likely starting to lock out.

Sent from my LM-X220 using Grasscity Forum mobile app

• Agree Agree x 1
  3. im leaning towards these plants being root bound so i bought loose gro-cubes and trying those in 5 gallon pots

the tops of the blocks are like bricks so full of roots i cant get the dripper in there once i take it out on some plants

4. 5 gal?

going to top off with perlite?

why not make it a hempy bucket

5. Yeah tbh mate you’ve picked what’s probably the hardest way possible to grow weed lol.
    I grow in rockwools. 4inch ones that sit on an NFT table. That’s easy to keep sweet though cos the roots have basically unlimited space.
    The problems you get from restricting root space are hard to predict and hard to fix.
    your plants are a fair size so will need probably 2ec to keep them happy but that’s a risky dose for such a small root zone. could quite easily fry the media with it.
    see where the problem is?
    They want more food but the leftovers in the cubes could build up pretty quick on a higher dose and cause lockouts.
    I’m good with hydro mate but yours is one of the set ups I can’t quite wrap my head round.
    I think the answer to avoid it next time is to keep your plants smaller. Just plant more of them if that’s an issue.
    Not really sure what to do now though.
    Planting them into something might help but also might come with its own set of dramas.
    Sorry I couldn’t be more help. Figured it’d come to me while typing but nae lol.

6. keep em coming... and i have plant count limits currently thus why i grow them like this

7. Please don't take offence but Yeah, looks like one of the hardest mediums to grow in, not to mention the fact ur plants are fucking huge in tiny pots!!! Root bound to fuck!