Grasscity - Cyber Week Sale - up to 50% Discount

rockwool or hydroton, which is better for dwc?

Discussion in 'Hydroponic Growing' started by trytofly, Dec 28, 2012.

1. Just read in a magazine article that rock wool (soiless)or other soiless mediums is a bit more forgiving than using straight hydro ton or other hydro mediums, fixing to start six Dec buckets and his is my first hydro grow so I would like to have a little leeway with my setup, any thoughts, or experience greatly appreciated!

2. I use rockwool inch cubes to start then put that in a net pot with hydroton. I think you will find that to be pretty much the standard norm.

3. #3 LilJ86, Dec 28, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: Dec 28, 2012
    Yea I don't get the question. Maybe it should be rockwool or rapid rooters. Lol gunna need hydroton reguardless

And I like the rapid rooters. The inoculated with goodness. Use em to start beans reguardless if their goin in dwc or soiless mix. Use to use em for cloning. Now I use a Cloner.

4. My bad guys, I misunderstood what I was reading lol, feeling like a dumb ass now, I was just too stoned man thanks for the input

5. So rapid rooters are good, now I was thinking about starting in one in hers and then putting them into bigger cubes when well rooted and into six inch nets pots w hydroton....is that over kill, are the four inch cubes not necessary?