rockwool Ineed help

Discussion in 'First Time Marijuana Growers' started by mhubb1, Jul 17, 2004.

1. Iam a beginners in hydroponics how do I soak the rookwool and what in and when do I put the seeds in the rookwool

2. I just started growing in rockwool for the first time as well.

Here is how I started:

Step 1: Decide how many cubes you need. Soak the cubes in lukewarm waterand add a little formulaex (nutrient solution) - this conditions the cubes and provides nutrients for your new plants.

Step 2: Drain the cubes once they have soked completly. It is important they do not stand in water, but are allowed to drain freely.

Step 3: Place a seed in the hole in the top of the rockwool cube and gently tease some of the rockwool over the top of it

Step 4: Place the cubes in a fairly warm place (20 degrees C - 25 dgrees C) until the seedlings begin to emerge. Once the seedlings begin to emerge, ensure they have plenty of light.

Step 5: Tes the moisture content of the cube. Squeeze it gently and if water comes to the surface then their is enough moisture in the cube. If note then re-wet the cube by standing in the lukewarm water again for a few hours and drain well. Kepp the cubes moist but dont water log them.

Step 6: Once the roots begin to show through your rockwool cube, simply place the full small cube into the bigger cube (it has a large hole at the top) (note: the bigger cube is prepared in the same way the smaller one was.)