rockwool for sea of green

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Indoors' started by smoovy, Jun 29, 2011.

1. Anyone here try this before? I've read that u can use rockwool all the way through flower...seems like it would be convenient for the sog approach eliminating messy soil?

2. #2 Roshi86, Jun 29, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 15, 2016
    I'm currently using 4" in rockwool and it working fine but your gonna have vines out the bottom. Just presoak them for about 8hrs, before use.

3. #3 smoovy, Jun 29, 2011
    Cool....have u tried sog with soil? If so how does it compare? And could you use rockwool if you're not growing with hydroponics?

4. #4 Roshi86, Jun 30, 2011
    I start all my plants in rockwool regardless of soil or hydro. It holds moisture really well. Sog or scrog can be done with soil and hydro. Rockwool is great for cloning as well.

5. If you are looking into SOG, you might want to look into SCROG. By using SCROG you are able to produce a pound of good bud from a single plant. I am using hydro to create this affect. If feel that you have more control over the plants by using hydro, IMO.

6. #6 smoovy, Jun 30, 2011
    I have a great 36 site aeroponics unit but I don't feel its ideal unless growing from clone, I think starting over from reg seed could create space issues not knowing which is male and female because the sites are so close together....not to mention I've had little to no success my first few attempts with it so I think its best if I put that up until I have some more experience under my belt