Rockwool Cubes

Discussion in 'Advanced Growing Techniques' started by ownzu77, Oct 26, 2007.

1. Greetings, i Plan to start my 4 bucket 600watt grow within the week, and a few of my packages arrived today. I recieved my rockwool cubes which were 3inches x 3inches. I feel as if they are too large and vacant for just a seedling. After i germ should i just plop it in there? or is there an in-between medium that i should grab, and then insert that into my large cubes? thanks.

2. After they germ, put in the rockwool, tap, and you are ready to go!

3. deep water
    flood & drain
    or drip ?

4. well, i am building 4 indentical rumple buckets, i think they are deep water. So.. Germinate....drop in rockwool cubes? do i try and borough them in there or just a drop? thanks for the speedy replies.

5. one more question. whats the best way to cut the 5.5 inch diamter circle in the lids of my buckets. I already spent upward of 8hundred on this grow, and dont at all want to go out and purchase a rotozip,dremel, or anything like that!

6. went and bought a jig saw and drill, 20 each, what a deal.

Should i bury the seed in the rockwool or just plop it in there after i germinate?

7. make sure to stabalize your rock wool first. they make rockwool conditioner... otherwise you will surely have ph trouble later...
    Gluck buddy...
    Germ them.. when the seed pops open very carfully with tweezers put the white tap root down and deposit in the hole in the rockwool.. squeeze the hole closed then water with ditelled water. not soaked just wet.
    Mine are always up within 48 hours..
    gluck

8. rumple buckets indeed. if it werent for him i swear most of us wouldnt have built theres. i know i am one. even though i didnt do it exactly like him. certlainly the isnpiration