Rockwool cubes covered in mold.

Discussion in 'First Time Marijuana Growers' started by Dousky, Oct 31, 2022.

1. Hi newbie here that just discovered you are supposed to keep the cubes dry after germination.
    Right now i'm in week 8 of flowering and recently the cubes have exploded in mold and fungus growth.
    My plants are looking fine but is this something that is too late to fix or should i start flushing immediatly?

Attached Files:

• Like Like x 1
  2. Let us ask a Rock wool grower as I just happen to know one.
    Brother @Sirtootsalot
    You want to ring in on this one. I clone in the 1.5 inch but that is all.

BNW

• Like Like x 1
  3. Whats up guys. Wow, I haven't seen that kind of growth on a cube before, but if your plants are healthy I don't think its going to be a problem at this late stage of flower.
    That said, i cant see whats going on there, are you growing in slabs or are those buckets? Can you take a wider pick of your plant. What do you mean by keeping cubes dry after germination? If I can help figure it out for your future runs ill try.

4. I'm using NFT hydroponics, will get better pictures soon. Also read somewhere you should keep the cube bone dry once the roots have taken place and also just learned they should be covered from light.

• Like Like x 1
  5. Sorry for taking so long, phone died and fell asleep.
    here is a overhead picture of my setup and the nugs.
    cubes looking nasty but plants tasty, let me know if you need me to post anything else @Sirtootsalot

• Like Like x 1
  6. forgot to add the images...

Attached Files:

7. Hey man, The plants look good. I'm sorry, I should have been more specific for pics, any chance of taking one of your nft rig. Can you explain your nft set up. Are those 2 in cubes? Is that a shallow covered tray the cubes are sitting in? Are you using the buckets underneath as your reservoir, or are they just there to hold up the tray? Just trying to figure out what I'm seeing.

• Agree Agree x 1
  8. #8 Dousky, Nov 1, 2022
    Last edited: Nov 1, 2022
    it's just the cubes in the piece of cardboard in a shallow tray, and i just found 2 very small leaves completetly covered in some white stuff... am i screwed? should i harvest what i can or?

9. Pictures of the said white stuff and a white spot on top of a nugget. @Sirtootsalot

Attached Files:

• 1.jpg
      1.jpg
      File size:
      1.2 MB
      Views:
    • 2.jpeg
      2.jpeg
      File size:
      900.1 KB
      Views:
    • 3.jpeg
      3.jpeg
      File size:
      834.6 KB
      Views:
    • 4.jpeg
      4.jpeg
      File size:
      592.7 KB
      Views:
    • Like Like x 1
  10. Think you're fine, the top of that bud looks like light bleaching from being too close to light. You might have a little pm on your leaf there. Perhaps get some lost coast and spray your plants. I'd keep going, just try to keep exhaust up so it's not too humid. Watch over it, but I think you'll be fine still since you only have a little longer.

11. I will start to flush tomorrow and harvest couple days over week 9, can't deal with the anxiety thank you for relieving me a bit ☻

• Like Like x 1
  12. Probably not a bad idea.