Rock vs. Rock n' Roll

Discussion in 'Music genres, Bands and Artists' started by Predator1, Sep 1, 2007.

1. Do you see a difference between the two? I mean, when I think Rock n' Roll, I think Rolling Stones and such :metal:

But they seem to categorize pretty much everything on the radio as "Rock" nowadays. I really dont think Nickelback and Shinedown and Staind (They all suck, if you disagree, you're wrong, sorry) are playing the same kind of music as the rock and roll bands I love.

I was arguing about this with a few friends last night, drunk as hell, and wondering what you all thought. Do you think of 'Rock and Roll' and 'Rock' as two different genres? or is 'rock' just an abbreviation?

2. Right, if someone disagrees with your musical opinion, they're automatically wrong because you dislike that type of music?

Grow up, this isn't middle school.

3. I liked the arguement until you said all that stuff about Nickelback and all those other bands I don't care to listen to. I feel that if that is edited out, you may not get flamed, and your arguement would be much better recieved.

4. I never thought about it before, but it makes sense.

lmao