Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

Rock in bowl as a screen?

Discussion in 'Apprentice Marijuana Consumption' started by Mista Marijuana, Nov 24, 2011.

1. So I have this really dope $60 bowl that you put into my roor, well the hole in the bowl actually got bigger somehow like a little piece broke off so now most of the time whenever I smoke weed goes down thru it and clogs the downstem.

One of my friends one time went outside picked up a small pebble and used it
    as a screen. Is this harmless and ok to do? and is it a good alternative to a screen?

2. Highly dangerous!

Pesticides and random chemicals absorb into pores of rocks an whatnot.

Bleach, then boil.

I have to do this to rocks I add to fish tank.

3. Wouldn't the rock clog the hole?!?

4. Rock will not clog hole!

Unless you got unnaturally round rock... Or clay

5. damn well thats sketch guess ill just try something else then

6. i always do this, don't worry about it, it's fine

7. I use little pebbles as screens all the time. Just make sure you wash it first with soap and hot water, just to get all the dirt and shit off.

8. dude, if your worried about that you really shouldnt be inhalling combusted vegetation. I hear its right to be cautious and I hear weed aint as bad as tobacco but the smoke from extended canabis use is more damaging than whatever has absorbed into some tiny rock.

IMO anyways....

9. Just rinse it at least. We ingest so many chemicals anyway. Kids put rocks in their mouth all the time and they don't die. It seems silly to be concerned over tiny microscopic particles of chemicals on a rock and then go and smoke cigs or eat an unwashed apple.

10. ok yeah i feel u thanks guys ima go scruba dub dub a few rocks then ima get STONED

11. have you ever seen what happens to a rock when it gets really hot... some rocks will shatter with force... could end up with a broke bowl or burnt eye... :confused_2:

12. 1) Get screwdriver

2) Go to sink.

3) Poke metal screen out of sink.

4) Clean screen with Alcohol, boil etc.

PROFIT!?

13. i do this but, i dont even clean the screen

14. lol... from your bathroom sink is like coated in your saliva, toothpaste, etc... janky

15. [quote name='"VapeMasterFlex"']

lol... from your bathroom sink is like coated in your saliva, toothpaste, etc... janky[/quote]

Dude... do you suck on your faucet?? The worst that should be on a faucet screen, is hard water. :smoke:

16. [quote name='"4Stone2Man0"']

Dude... do you suck on your faucet?? The worst that should be on a faucet screen, is hard water. :smoke:[/quote]

As apposed to soft water?

17. [quote name='"Dylanzs"']

As apposed to soft water?[/quote]

Yes, hard water leaves mineral deposits and white stains inside glass over time.

18. Just go buy a screen lol there not that much, get a glass one, always glass

19. lol I spit in my sink...

20. [quote name='"VapeMasterFlex"']lol I spit in my sink...[/quote]

As long as you're not spitting up the faucet that wouldn't affect anything. the screens people use out of sinks are the ones at the tip of the faucet that aerate the water as it comes out.