Rock Climbing!

Discussion in 'The Great Outdoors' started by Continuum, Sep 27, 2010.

1. Anyone else here into it? It's my most recent favorite hobby, only been doing it for about 2 months, but I absolutely love it. So much fun, very cerebral activity. It's a hell of a good work out but you don't think about it while you're doing it. Minimal equipment required, and a pretty cooperative attitude seems to surround it. It's the perfect physical activity for a stoner, imo.

This coming weekend a group of friend and I are going up to Horse Pens in Alabama for a camping/rock climbing trip. I'm so pumped!

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wTO2i6cQAkI]YouTube - hoyamoros julio 2010[/ame]

2. i love climbing, everything from trees to buildings but, climbing videos are fucking BORING to watch.

3. Well yeah man, if you're not into rock climbing as a sport it's going to be boring. I went up to Horse Pens 40 in northern Alabama this past weekend, had a fucking blast. That place is absolutely beautiful, and has some really great climbing.

4. I used to be a bit more into it. There's a good gym near me. Still, it's not thrilling to me anymore. However, I still love to climb up rocks, trees and other obstacles to get a good view. I certainly learned some useful climbing skills from when I was doing it more often. I haven't been to the gym in years though.

5. I love climbing! I've been doing it for over 20 years and still love it. I don't get out much anymore, but used to a couple times a week. Not much into pulling plastic or sport climbing, but love trad and aid climbing.

6. Climbing is where it's at!

Last year I put up a rock wall in my shed. Here's some pics! lemme know what you guys think.

I'm actually in the process of resetting routes right now.

Attached Files:

7. Sick dude! That's a pretty nice wall, nice long reaches. My room mate/climbing buddy are in the planning stages of building our own wall in our garage, we've bought the holds already and we're getting the 4x8's drillled and t-nutted (lol). I'll post some pics as I go.

I'm surprised there aren't more people into climbing here. The sport is very stoner friendly, almost all the people I know at my gym smoke. This past weekend I went up to Horse Pens 40 in Northern Alabama, one of the best bouldering places in the southeast US. That place was fuckin amazing, it was goddamn beautiful. The climbing was great, and it was so nice to be up in the mountains in that crisp, cold air. Sadly, we had no bud to toke but next time I go I'm definitely going to bring some.

8. #8 SmoothCriminal, Oct 8, 2010
    Last edited: Oct 8, 2010
    It took about a weeks worth of work to get it up. But it's so worth it! I set up a cheap stereo system that I bought at a garage sale. and most importantly, its not hard to hotbox :smoke:

I just recently took a trip to the Waldo Lakes wilderness area. There's some great climbing in Oregon.

I actually had a friend who grew up in Alabama and went bouldering at Horse Pens all the time! It sounds super awesome

9. Wow dude, your shed is awesome-o. heh, hotboxing that and climbing at the same time...sounds utterly sweet.

And I'd love to go down to Elephant rocks, blaze, and explore with a friend.

10. #10 SmoothCriminal, Oct 12, 2010
    Last edited: Oct 12, 2010
    thanks man!

there's not much better than climbing in a shed, that's completely white-walled, where you can hardly see the next hold.

I must say though, It's tough completely hotboxing it! It takes bong rip, after bong rip, after J, after J, etc..