Road Trip

Discussion in 'General' started by SkyLynx, May 11, 2010.

1. I've got a little situation that I could use some others opinion on before I make a decision.

A good friend of mine offered for me to go with them to Bonnaroo in Tennessee this June. They said they are buying my ticket and all I'd have to worry about is things I'd need during the trip. Sounds great.

The issue is I just started working back in October after months of searching. I haven't been there a year yet and wont' be come June. I don't make a lot as is so loosing 5 days of work is going to hurt in a lot of ways especially financially.

My Manager has already said that he doesn't have a problem with me going as long as he can find someone to cover for those days off.

But I am here living paycheck to paycheck, got paid last friday and as of today I am completely broke. Come next friday, after paying on my never ending restitution and other expenses I will be broke again.

There is still time in between though were I could possibly save up the money though. And this is kind of the trip of a lifetime and I like the person I'd go with and know I'd have a great time but I just am not sure what to do.

Any input would be appreciated.

2. How old are you?

I'm assuming you're still young, so go for it dude. One day you'll be too old for this shit.

Be spontaneous, have fun and don't worry about the little details to much:D

3. Do it. All the other shit will take care of itself. Don't let anything or anyone keep you from having fun

4. I'm 27.

5. damn you havent stacked any PTO's yet? i say go for it and worry about the other stuff when you get back, theres always extra side jobs and shit you can do for money

6. Ahhh ur my age :)
    I would go but only if I could absolutely afford it.
    Set up a budget and get a view that way

I have my budget set up thru September (when my UI runs out) I'll hopefully find a job by then but at least I have a good idea of the money i have to spend