Road trip to Montreal - Help!

Discussion in 'General' started by freakp8ntbaler, Mar 4, 2010.

1. ok so next week is spring break for me and 2 of my friends. Since most ppl are not going to be home from school we decided that were gonna go on a trip to canada. (Montreal)
    I was just wondering if anyone had some tips on how to get(and not get ripped off) and ideas for what to do once we get there.
    We have a smoking room in the holiday inn and plan on smoking in the room, while smoking cigs to cover up the smell. bad idea?
    we would like to buy weight but im starting to think that thats gonna be hard to do if were buying on the street.
    i checked webehigh.com and read the whole thing but im not sure if thats recent information
    we have no plan made for what to do we just know theres gonna be a lot of smoking and a lot of drinking.
    any advise is welcome.

2. #2 DreamCalledLife, Mar 4, 2010
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 4, 2010
    Here is what you do.

Stay at a hostel, called auberge de' jenuisse (not sure on that j word)

French for hostel of montreal.

There is a bar, called. shit....

I can't remember the name....

Anyways, if you find the bars that are aimed toward beatniks and offbeat culture, you can easily get it there.

Don't give your money to anyone without seeing green, I made this mistake.

Anyways, the hostel is like 75 canadian a week.

It's got a bunch of rooms with bunk beds n shit, flatscreen tv, pool table, internet access, and a full group kitchen.

It's a few blocks from saint catherines street.

I've done this exact same road trip so if you want more info PM me.

MJ Laws are pretty lax in downtown montreal, weed is actually one of the most prominent smells on saint catherines street. You see people walking down the street smoking blunts.

If I can remember the name of the bar I picked up at I'll let you know, I purchased a "tinny" a day from the busser. It was a simple transaction, I said hey man I'm looking for some green, he disappeared for a little bit, and brought me back a tin foil roll of bud for 10 bucks.

Oh and by the way. IT WAS DANK!

If you are in the city of montreal, I wouldn't worry too much about people smelling weed.

3. I fucking love Montreal so much.

What kind of music are you into ?
    There is an awesome bar on Sainte Catherine called Fouf's (Foufounes Electriques) that plays a lot of punk and ska if that is your bag.. they do shows as well so maybe check one out if you're interested. I always make sure I hit it up at least once when I'm crusing the lawless lands.
    Les Foufounes Électriques

4. Can you help me rememberthe name of this fucking bar?

It started with an H I think, something about a horse MAYBE.

But it was kindof like a hole in the wall, it was a basement, you walked downstairs to get into the place.

Bunch of beatniks and hippies is what I saw mostly. And one specific bus boy who could get me weed whenever I wanted it.

5. Another side note.

Getting weed across the border into montreal is easy as shit, and back from it too.

We brought in like 4 grams of nugs.

And left with about the same.

You just gotta hide your shit real good.

It might have helped that we were in a ford econoline conversion van with an american flag strung across two windows.

6. yeah, Montreal is chill as hell. I went there one New Years Eve a couple of years ago with my brother and sometime after midnight we were going into a corner store to buy more booze but apparently there's a law in Quebec where stores lock up the alcohol after 11 PM. There was some black guy in there chilling with the clerk and he saw us not being able to get booze so he was like "you guys want some weed". We agree of course so I went to the ATM, got some cash, and we made the transaction right in the middle of the street in downtown Montreal. Then we smoked with some random people in an alley. Looking back on the situation, we could have easily been ripped off, but the guy was straight.

7. thanks for the help guys.
    anyone else have any knowledge to shed apon a fellow stoner?