Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

Road trip to Colorado

Discussion in 'Marijuana Consumption Q&A' started by squidlee_bod, May 22, 2015.

1. So a friend and me want to take a road trip to Colorado (from the east coast) anyways, we definitely want to pick up some bud in Colorado (though, we're both only 19), and were also thinking of bringing some along

Me and my friend don't smoke too much at all, and I have a vape so that's what we'll be using for the whole trip.

How much do you think is safe to carry,
    How should I hide it
    How do I pick up in Colorado some dank bud???

2. Be careful carrying smoking appliances that would get you a paraphernalia charge....personally I would roll some Js.....

3. You are going to have to buy weed the illegal way once you get here lol....

4. I'm just bringing batteries and my magic flight box which is super small (oh an a grinder). And joints seem like they'd stink up my car than a vape

I know, I just don't know how to go about doing that. Do I just go up to a headshop and look around for some pot heads or what?

You are just going to have to ask people until you find someone... I have never used the head shop approach lol

You are going to be like the 19 year olds standing outside of the liquor stores trying to get someone to buy them beer lol. Good luck with your trip. I'd suggest bringing all the weed you want to use from home, and possibly think of another road trip spot if the only reason you're going to CO is due to legal (but illegal for you) marijuana. I would also check the laws in all the states you will be traveling through.

7. Definitely don't bring any paraphernalia, the cops in surrounding states are looking for that stuff like crazy right now. Honestly you guys should head to Boulder. With CU there everyone is your age and getting bud will be easy. You're going to have a much tougher time in the city. Loitering around the dispensarys is sketchy!

8. #8 As Above So Below, May 23, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: May 23, 2015
    Since you're not 21 don't even bother.

Like the above poster said it's just like kids standing outside for alcohol. Sketch as fuck and no one will do it. At least not me anyways.

There are major fines (and charges) for supplying to a minor. That was sort of one of the "talking points" per say when they legalized , establish reputable businesses so it would be harder for minors to obtain. And look at that , it worked!

9. Bud is just part of the road trip, we really want to see nature and explore the country too-but I can't deny my love for bud, and how it'd make my trip 10x better just having it along instead of taking a t break basically.

Or make it 10x worse. When I was in jail I met more than a few people who got caught out of state with weed (and various other crimes).

Being in jail in another state is not fun... Why even put yourself in that position if you can help it??

The consequences far outweigh the benefits.

If anything find someone who will ship you a few ounces. 

If you're going to have weed on you then I'd suggest not going to national parks or forests. Even state parks aren't going to be happy to have minors with marijuana, but at least it won't be a federal felony with minimum mandatory sentencing.

12. I can't imagine going to a legal state to buy illegally.  Sorry OP but that is moronic as it gets.  I suggest you stay home and not in jail for your summer.  You will enjoy that much much more.

13. #13 jay719, May 24, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: May 24, 2015
    You would have to find a group of kids that have a hook up. I don't know a single adult here that would consider buying weed for some kid outside a head shop. Try that shit at a dispensary or rec store and you will most likely be asked to leave or have the cops called on you. They don't play around with underage people.

14. Just to clarify, we're talking about me transporting maybe 1/8th of weed. I've never even heard of someone having they're car searched, like if it's locked up in a toolbox in my trunk is it really likely I'll get caught with it??

15.  Go for it but this wont be the cops first rodeo if you get pulled over. Make sure you do the speed limit the whole way, use your blinker and maintain a ''safe '' distance inbetween cars. Those are the main reasons people get pulled over. 

16. Failure to maintain lane is also a big one. Good luck not breaking that law.

17. To give more insight, I'm an excellent driver and I don't look like the stereotypical pot head at all. I'm female for one, but also I tend to dress in the complete opposite way of the cliché stoner. I've been driving for years and have done probably over 15 trips over a 4 hour distance from me. I've never even been pulled over before tbh. Anyways, I'd rather bring bud with me and stay away from Colorado if it's really gonna be that big on an issue.

18. Yea why would you risk bringing bud into a state you want to smoke in were it's gonna be illegal for you anyway? 

19. you can find bud easy as fuck. even if you aren't 21. Potheads are all friendly and they all love to share the love/herb. Just walk around talking to people and find someone who gives off a good vibe and say "so is the bud good here?" don't say "hey mister, will you go buy me weed?" and don't ride with shit in your car. don't be a jackass. Jail sucks.