Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

Road trip...Denver..

Discussion in 'Apprentice Marijuana Consumption' started by SeventyTimes7, Dec 1, 2010.

1. I'm going on a short road trip to Denver soon, and I'd like to toke while I'm there. Only thing is that I'm going with my mother -_- We'll probably be staying in a hotel near downtown, and I was wondering if anybody has some insight to how I should go about getting high. I'll be able to go off by myself, but I'm just not sure where a safe place to smoke would be. (I might be able to make firecrackers, but I can't count on that)

So any help would be greatly appreciated..:smoke:

2. Pack a small pipe inside your bathroom kit and put it in your suitcase.
    Then when you get the chance to be separated from your mother take a wander to the parkade and smoke beside your vehicle.

If someone comes then simply pocket the bowl and walk.

3. Bring a one-hitter and a dugout if you have one, n just toke whenever the opportunity arises, that's what I used to do whenever I went on vacation or whatever with family, never got caught either.

4. You should hit up kushcon 2 in december though but yea just blaze at a spott there lots of shyt to do in denva enjoy ya trip

5. Thanks guise. I guess I'm just a little worried I'll feel sketched out, rendering my high useless.

6. #6 ChicagoBud, Dec 1, 2010
    Last edited by a moderator: Dec 1, 2010
    Denver is pretty weed-friendly in my experience. I went to the skatepark in Denver while our family was visiting my sister in college, and i got smoked up by an older couple. Totally random, and there were kids smoking bud around the whole park.
    It's no Amsterdam, but i bet you can find places to toke and maybe even people to smoke with or buy weed from

Edit: check this out if you havnt. http://www.webehigh.com/city/detail.php?CITYID=2037

7. I live in Denver. Weed is pretty accepted here, and if you did get caught it would be similar to a speeding ticket. That said, you obviously don't want to get caught at all, so you should be discreet.

If you have a dugout that looks like a cigarette, you'll be fine. Just go for a walk outside around your hotel and smoke as you walk, unless you're about to pass someone. I do this all the time and no one has ever noticed!

8. Hey man, I live in Denver. Well Thornton which is just north of Denver. Around here, especially the downtown area, most people don't care. Its a pretty safe city to smoke weed but don't push it. 99% of people here wont do anything if you smoke weed but the other percent will get you a possesion ticket. But i'd pack a chillum and just sneak hits without making it too obvious.
    Have fun here.

9. #9 justan, Dec 2, 2010
    Last edited by a moderator: Dec 2, 2010
    I thought possession of up to an ounce was legal in Denver, as long as you're 21 and older? Pretty sure there was a vote and the citizens voted it in. Correct me if I'm wrong, but that's just what I thought.

He's probably not 21, seeing as he's there with his mother so he could probably still get into some legal trouble, but most people shouldn't care much.

Anyway, you could always bring a dugout/onie and just sneak a toke every now and then. Tell your mom you're going to walk outside for some fresh air. I do that all the time. I never bring weed to hotels and such with family, just out of respect, but I always tell them I'm going out for some fresh air.

If I wanted to I could toke, but like I said, I chose not to out of respect. For me, a family event just doesn't seem like an appropriate time to smoke, especially if your parents are anti weed. Mine both know I smoke and don't have an issue with it, and probably wouldn't have too much of a problem if I did go out for a toke every now and then, but I still chose not to.

10. Roll two joints, they look like cigs. Easy peasy.

11. I'm pretty sure marijuana is legal up to an ounce in Boulder, not Denver. My mom isn't exactly anti weed, but she wouldn't be thrilled if she knew I went off to smoke.

I've decided that I'll probably just ask to borrow the car to go Christmas shopping or something and hotbox somewhere I deem safe.

12. Hmm. Maybe haha. I know there's a city in CO where it's legal up to an ounce.

Yeah that how my parents are. That's why I choose not smoke on family outings/vacations and such.

That's probably a good idea, just air it out well before you go back.

Enjoy your trip! :smoke:

13. Ha yeah, I know that whole legal pot thing is somewhere in the Centennial State.

Anywho, thank ya! :smoke:

14. Its is legal by Colorado law if you are over 18 but not by Federal law. There are separate rules that go along with it though, such as you cant have it in 3 or more separate baggies or else you'll get an "intent to sale" charge, you cant have it on Federal property such as schools and libraries, and you cant drive while smoking. If your walking down the street with a joint or pipe, a cop wont usually do something as long as your respectful. If your a punk kid, hes going to harrass you for sure though. Its really about the cop.

15. In Denver, Breckenridge, Boulder and some others its legal up to an ounce. Just have it all in one baggie and be respectful if you talk to a cop. The only city here in Colorado where your fucked is Westminister. A cop can charge you under Federal law though so its not 100% legal yet.