Road Trip Advice for a fellow blade?

Discussion in 'General' started by nb790, Dec 19, 2012.

1. hey blades! so my gf and i have been talking about taking a road trip early this summer. going from southern CA up to Seattle, WA. we decided to start saving now so we can have plenty of cash to stop wherever we want, take whatever route we please, and do what we want along the way.
    It's going to be about a week long give or take a day.. and i was just looking for some advice on places to stop?

i've already decided San Fran is going to be one of the first stops. we want to see northern california as well (maybe some of the neighborhoods in the Mendocino area?).. then we plan on stopping in Eugene, Portland, then up to Seattle.

the point of this trip is to speculate possible suburbs to live in, in the future.. so any suggestions as far as sight seeing as well as nice neighborhoods to "house hunt" in would be greatly appreciated. looking for some more family oriented neighborhoods if possible.. but any decent suggestion will be considered (and appreciated).

Anyone who has done a similar road trip please give some input! i'd appreciate it so much.

2. make Big Sur a stop too. its real nice. as far as suburbs go, half moon bay, santa cruz and pacifica are along the way. oh and monterey is also nice. all along the beach man

3. i'll definitely be looking into them! for the suburb part i mean more affordable places haha (assuming the coastal cities are going to be a little pricier real estate-wise), that's why we made our trip centered around oregon/washington, since you can find a decent 2-3bdrm single family house for under 200k... but i'll at least have to check these places out.

thanks for the input :smoke:

4. just take the pacific coast highway man

5. would love to do that but we wont have the money/time to take it the entire way. only going to be spending about a week on the entire trip, and looking to spend at least 4-5 days between oregon and washington. only gives us about 2, maybe 3, days extra to drive through california and come all the way back from Seattle.

6. it all depends what you like man. I would go SF, then make one last stop in cali near humboldt, then spend the rest of my time in oregon and seattle

7. yeah id like to spend some time around humboldt. was thinking of taking the 5 up to san fran, then the 101 through the rest of CA for that scenic drive.

8. Humboldt for sure. I might stop at Santa Barbara to - it's beautiful there. Other than that SF is the main thing.