Road To Perfection: The Ice Road Project

Discussion in 'Indoor Grow Journals' started by hypercardriac, Jun 24, 2014.

1. It has come to my ATTN that my strain, Ice Road has gained a few miles in a short time on GC.. So, why not have a thread, right? It wasn't actually my idea but a great idea still.. So, without further stall, The Ice Road Project..

Ice Road is a personal project for me as a step into a possible long term breeding program.. Sort of an attempt to solidify a few strains to start with. With the help of a few blades, Ozzie_x for the Hazardous Creation, which is the male contributor, as well as another blade who remains unnamed for the Ogre Kush who played role of the female contributor.

After growing a few phenotypes of hazardous creations I found a pheno that caught my ATTN. Only 1 of about 8 plants showed the traits I was desiring and I was hooked. She was the most sativa like pheno, tho still a decent percentage of indica in her. She was a very vigorous grower in both veg and flower. Her sativa characteristics showed in flower, allowing optimal light penetration. Tho she stretched a bit, it was managble and resulted in multiple foot long colas that freaked of oranges.. Tasting every bit as citrus with a creamy vanilla color, the receded orange pistils and heavy frost made her shine among the others.

I grew out 7 males and chose the dude with the closest traits.. I nailed that shit..

After growing ogre kush a few rounds, I just couldnt let her go. Being clone only was a frustration as well. The smoke is some of the smoothest, frostiest, and stinkiest I have ever grown. Dangerously coated in trichomes and density unmatched by any other, her spindly veg characteristics and stretchy flowering nature made her a difficult yield without extensive training.

Hence my idea, cross these 2 beauties and create a seed stock of perfection to forever secure my desire for this level of smoke. Smoke that should be toked slowly, with the most appreciation towards flavor, aroma, and stone. This is my attempt at that goal..

4 weeks into flower is our first prospect. Structure is exactly what I had imagined, bud formation is what I hoped, and trichs production is taking off with a vengeance.. The aroma is very fruity, with a powerful overtone of oranges.. With a 13" long top cola, she is still producing 6-8" secondary tops as well. Untrained she has a beautiful Christmas tree form, with sturdy branching and close internodal spacing.

Tho she loves a good veg meal, she is definitely more sensitive to nutes in flowering stage. As with hazardous creation, use of nitrogen should still be carries out thru the middle of week 2 in transition to ensure adequate supply thru flower..

Anyone who has the pleasure, please feel free to post up pics and updates on your progress with ice road and welcome anyone else who cares to enjoy the show.

Few pics tonight, tomorrow at feed time I will get some better ones.

Sent from my XT1030 using Grasscity Forum mobile app

Attached Files:

2. this should be a great thread..hope ya dont mind me here!

3. I'm in, won't have any ice road for a few weeks but whatever, better to start the learning early!

4. I'm in homie!! Here are my two I opened up!! So far so good Hype!! ImageUploadedByGrasscity Forum1403623631.010616.jpg

Sent from someone that still twist up phillies!!

5. Awesome guys. Happy to wake up to some visitors already. Very excited to see what a few blades achieve with her.. Dropped some more beans last nite, and I will be dropping some more haz c beans as well, as an effort to produce more seed stock.. Hope to get enuff ladies to run a full round of her under the 1k..

6. I jus dont understand why I dont have any ice road yet..lol

7. ^^^i vote chef in!! Lol

8. Not sure I got enuff yet. Let me see how many decent beans I got left. After the next seed run there will be enuff for everyone.. Might be able to find 6-7 beans, who knows.

9. Pm sent..

10. The IRs are so vigorous man, it's crazy. Waiting another week for my Cheese and Diesels to root, and I'm gonna grab cuts and put them in the pink room.

11. Can't wait to see them flower.. Getting pretty excited. Considering I stretched mine so badly, I am anxious to see a proper specimin..

12. Wohhhh now....lol...I stretched mine a bit also. We will see how they turn out. That's why I decided to open them up a bit, keep that vertical down.

13. The one I opened did great, strong branching and awesome response. I think u will be pleased..

14. Well I'm taking clones of each, so I'll get to start over. Lol...they are very impressive with growth though.

15. Once they go they don't stop.. My first into flower stretched to about double size. But that was controlled stretch or whatever. All my excessive stretch came from veg.

16. Well give credit where its due then, AO is first!!!!

17. Lol👍

18. Few pics tonight..
    She appears to be entering her swell.. Seems.like it took forever..

Attached Files: