RO water/nutrient feedings

Discussion in 'Advanced Growing Techniques' started by nichk6, Jul 4, 2020.

1. Hey all..
    For you guys that use RO water, do you add cal mag to your water when you are doing just a normal watering in between feedings?

I guess my question is, is RO water strictly by itself pointless to even water with? I’m in 4th week of flower right now btw

Thanks yallllll

Sent from my iPad using Grasscity Forum

2. yes ..a better option is to add 50/50 tap water to RO, once you find out the ppms of your tap water

4 th week of flower? no you are good to go keep on with the ro clean water,

just add a little tap water every 2nd watering, as you still need minerals etc

good luck

• Like Like x 1
  3. Never water with ro, filtered or distilled water without some kind of additive in order to get proper ph. I use Blackstrap molasses from time to time as an additive.

4. I don't I only add calmag on feed days and completely stop when growth stops during flowering after the initial stretch

5. Yes you need a base to build, cal mag is the standard( other bases are do not have magnesium)
    im a firm believer with ro, because i live in LA and tap water is pretty terrible. A lot of people growing in soil usually dont care, i guess it works for them.
    someone mentioned on this thread a 50/50 mix of ro , and tap, im interested in that because most of the hardness is calcium and magnesium, and i just started this with rooted clones, the tap water acts as a base in your nutrient solution.
    But i have concerns with tap, because calcium toxicity does happen, locking out other key nutrients, and magnesium builds up in buds when you harvest, this will cause them to burn hot as in the nasty choke you get while smoking... (magnesium is mobile so it can be flushed out, but if youre flushing with tap, its not going anywhere)

Sent from my SM-N976V using Grasscity Forum mobile app

6. [​IMG]
    At risk of deviation, the only time I ever Ph is during summer and only water, as my soils buffer very well
    I'd maybe go the opposite to your method and use RO as the base and perhaps keep adding tap water(UGH)
    until the desired Ph is reached

cheers

Map of water hardness in the United States

• Like Like x 1