RO water and CAL/MAG

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Indoors' started by joe_fresh, Apr 6, 2010.

1. i was just wondering if cal/mag was absolutly nessesary , ive never used it before but i have always used tap water, now i got a ro machine and ive read a few places that with ro water its good to have cal/mag, but i wanted to know how much its actually needed? should i get some or no? im in the 2nd week of flowering

2. thats a good question JOE, I have no expierience with the cal/mag but a little secret weapon I have is to add B1 to the ro water and drop the Ph (if nessesary) with distilled white vinegar. I add the B1 as you would for clones and this seems to boost the hell out of root production, when the plants are a couple weeks old I use a good trace booster and not really any nutes. Just a thought.

3. Yes, you should use Cal-Mag if you are using RO water. Herb uses lots of Mg. It is the central atom in every chlorophyll molecule. It is essential for the absorption of light.

4. but my trace has all that and I've never seen a need for more, I always use RO water and my trace seems to make it like holy water for me. anly after I use a basic trace for a couple weeks would I make any adjustments, especially on a specific mineral. I find that with just the basic trace boost my girls show a lot of love.

5. thx for the responses guys, well just to be sure i went to the store to get some sensi cal/mg, i was looking at the other brands and some were like 12-0-0, and others had no micro in it just cal and mg and iron, this one has a full list of nutes in it and reads as follows

npk-2-0-0

N-2.0%
    Ca-4.5%
    Mg-1.5%
    Zn-0.045%
    Cu-o.0015%
    B-0.027
    Mo-0.012%
    Co-0.0036%

i think this should do the trick

6. that looks good JOE, lots of trace in there and not "hot" is that a "DYNA" product?

7. Advanced Nutrients sensi cal/mg

8. n trustable company always good stuff.

9. ro contains nothing so if your vegging i def suggest a small does of cal mag.i used to use ro and cal mag but recently boxed up the ro and went to tap water that i throw a bubbler in and let sit out to evaporate the clorine.

once you start using nutes theres cal and mag in the nutes so cal mag isnt really nesessary but def doesnt hurt.mj and plants in general use a boatload of cal,mag