Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

Rmjl

Discussion in 'Seasoned Marijuana Users' started by Bud Head, Feb 26, 2003.

1. Daily Bulletin

NORML TO HOST EVENT PROMOTING DRUG AWARENESS

by Jesse Todd,

Tennessee

The UTK chapter of the National Organization for the Reform of Marijuana Laws will host an event titled "Evict the DEA" today from noon until 1:30 p.m. at 800 Market St.

The event is part of a coordinated nationwide effort to promote awareness of the benefits of medical marijuana.

"The main goal is to educate people about medical marijuana and the ( Drug Enforcement Agency's ) policies toward it," said Rachel Sewell Nesteruk, NORML UTK secretary. "Eight states and the District of Columbia have voted to protect patients suffering from things like AIDS and cancer from prosecution for the use of medical marijuana, but the DEA continues to target these users."

Although the event is not a protest, its location is symbolic. The DEA's field office is located in the 800 Market St. building.

"We don't want to create a hassle for the public and we don't want to get arrested for blocking public offices, but we do want to make people aware," Nesteruk said.

The event will include a discussion of current policies toward medical marijuana, as well as displays from NORML and the event's co-sponsor Americans for Safe Access, a group pushing for the reform of medical marijuana laws. More information about ASA can be found at its Web site, www.safeaccessnow.org.

"NORML actually has a three-fold goal," Nesteruk said. "We're working to legalize industrial hemp for commercial uses, as well as legalizing marijuana for medical use as well as for private use by adults."

Although NORML's UTK chapter consists primarily of students, members urge anyone in the area interested in these issues to attend because they are the only branch of the organization in East Tennessee.

More information about NORML can be found at the group's Web site, www.norml.org. For information about the UTK chapter contact Nesteruk at naturegrrl@comcast.net. NORML meets on Mondays at 4:20 p.m. in the University Center.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I wish I had known about this earlier. Is this in your area?

2. Even if it ain't, BIG THUMBS UP TO THESE FOLKS!

3. We did it on the 18th and it was a pretty cool turnout.

I posted somewhere about what I did after I got home that day but I don't remember where I posted it.

4. I wish I could have been there. I would have helped in some way or another!