Ripped off buying a bong

Discussion in 'Real Life Stories' started by Purplehaze4554, Dec 15, 2014.

1. So tell us a story of when you were younger and bought a bong. Did you get ripped off like I did before I realized the stuff in most head shops is garbage and that american glass is so much better.

My story is I bought a bong. Prob two foot tall. It had 3 sets of tree percs. Thing had so much drag some ppl couldn't even hit it haha. It tipped over one day and the trees shattered. Pretty sure I spent 300 on it. Young and stupid.

Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum

2. My first bong was(I'm showing my age here) made by Graffix, like 300$...a nice 2footer , and the base was an awesome ceramic alien/clown.

Had her for about 6 years and, it tipped over on the hardwood floor... And that was all she wrote.

Couldn't believe it ...it had absorbed many blows prior and never broke... And it simply tipped over and shattered....
    I might still have the base somewhere around.

Anybody else remember Graffix?

3. My first decent bong was a PURP. Maybe 2 feet tall, slight hint of purple in some parts of the bong. Paid too much for it at a horrible smoke shop. Had it for about 3 years and it hit well, had thick glass (very cheap though), and broke in the middle of the night when I kicked it over and then stepped on it breaking it more.

I haven't bought a bong since and that was years ago that it broke. Just kind of ruined it for me.

4. Local headshops are always a rip off.

At least now there are tons of good online shops. When I first started smoking heavy there weren't many reliable online head shops so was forced to rely on the local headshops. 

When we were in high school me and 3 of my friends all pitched together for this pretty awesome Kenny from south park glass hookah.
    The thing was pretty awesome.. had 4 different hooka hoses attached to it, was almost two feet high.... but we paid almost 300 bucks for the damn thing in the year 2000 lol.  It lasted less than 6 months before it got taken by the cops... me and my friends still talk about how cool it was/how much of a waste of money and ripp off it was lol

5. Haha this sounds so similar. I also had a ceramic glass bong I bought at Niagara Falls. It was before you could buy much in PA. It was 3 foot and green. We called it the cactus. Somehow someone stole it a party we had in college that everyone passed out during. We still have no idea how they got away with it and still bring it up a couple times a year haha. We all got ripped off but wow did we think they were the best thing ever when we bought them haha.

6. Triple perc 250 at my store :smoke:

7. Thats what always seems to happen. A friend of mine had this nasty little bong for like 5 years, it was dropped, chipped and abused, but it still held up. Then one day I insisted that he clean it, so he filled it with hot water, and a piece of the base literally just popped out. We were shocked

Sent from my ST26a using Grasscity Forum mobile app

8. Never have been ripped off to date, but over the weekend my nephew watched his friend get ripped off through online purchase.
    My nephew was in the room when he made the online purchase of what appeared to be a semi-decent bong, roughly 6" tall. When his friend finally received it yesterday they were grossly disappointed because the piece was smaller than most bubblers, yet the pictures online made it look larger. That's some high-quality bullshit right there, but I'm not phased since it doesn't directly affect me in any way

9. Oh man that sucks. I'm guessing if they are doing stuff like that their return policy isn't to great either.

10. I seen them in a seldom headshop here and there... Always labeled "vintage" haha but my step mom tells me stories of here graffix in college.. Same fucking story everytime she gets stoned

11. My first water pipe was a graffix! boy did I love that thing

Attached Files:

13. The first bong i ever bought was 80 dollers from this place in the mall. I thought it was sick because it had a case and looked pretty cool. It broke. But a few months after i saw the same bong in the dollar store for 20$ no case. But the case wasnt even good it was just bulky and took up space.

14. My friend sat on the very first bong I bought, so I had to upgrade the bowl the same day I got my first bong. Sounds weird but I got home stoked on my first piece, place it on my computer chair, and the first thing this dumbass does is sit on my chair!
    :lmafoe:
    It wasn't even glass on glass though, just some acrylic standard from a tobacco shop next to my job at the time.

15. My first bong is the one I still use. Lol. Nice glass with a metal blue metal stem and cone.
    My friend bought it for my birthday last year (October). It's got a few knicks here and there, but it's still going good. I'll be sad when it breaks.

Sent from my SM-G925I using Grasscity Forum mobile app

16. Metal on glass?

17. There's rubber around the hole where the stem is. I'll show you what I mean.[​IMG]

Sent from my SM-G925I using Grasscity Forum mobile app

18. Oh pretty cool dude

19. My first bong was a 10$ acrylic and my 3rd and 3rd one I took my time choosing maybe once a year I'll buy sum nice glass

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G890A using Grasscity Forum mobile app

20. My shop just found a warehouse of the ceramic bases!! I'm repainting the clown I think you've mentioned. He's green with like the krusty hair/features but trippy open mouth and a giant tounge. I hope I upload this right, I just started painting him and signed up for grasscity last night