Ripe buds ?

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Indoors' started by Spacebug, May 2, 2007.

1. The babes have been flowering for a little over 7 weeks. They definetly show signs of maturity (red pistils, calyx swelling, very visible tricomes) but maybe could go for another week.

If I want to let the drying period go for ten days, then I have to harvest in a cuple days. Do you think it's too early? I really don't have much choice, but wanted to know what the consequences of an little early harvest were.

Thank you.

Attached Files:

2. use the search button bro. theres plenty of threads that discuss this question.

3. Yes, I went through them, but only read that early harvest can cause a more celebral/head high. Is that the only difference?

4. Yeah. Looking at your buds they are ready for the picking. Question is, are your trichromes clear, cloudy or amber. What they are at this stage will dictate your body or head high.

Regardless, you have nice buds and it will be a good smoke. Just cure them properly. n1.

5. I don't have a very pawergul magnifying glass (I think it's a 15x) but I still can see the trichomes. They seem to be just white, really can't tell if any are amber. It could be the cheap magnifier, but i guess that if I can see the white ones, I should be able to see the amber ones too.

Looking at the pics do they seem ready?

6. A wise grower once said wait until you think they are done them give them another week. It will be okay to go ahead and harvest though. Might lose a small bit of yield and like you said the buzz will be more heady but that's not a bad thing in my book.

7. Thanx for the help. I have one more thing to decide: unfotunately I have only 12 days to dry and cure.... what is the best solution? Is it better to spend more time drying or curing (in just 12 days)? :confused:

8. why do you have to stop curing? all that's really necessary to continue curing is to open the air tight jars once a day or so.

9. I'm leaving town, and have to leave the bud here. So I have only 12 days to finish everything... What do you suggest? Should I hang them down for seven days and cure for 5 before storing?

10. Let them get as dry as possible and still handle and put them in a jar like your going to cure, instead pop them in the fridge while your away and then when you get back rehydrate them with an orange peel and start curing then.

11. Appreciate the advice chimera, I'm going crazy trying to figure out a way...
    I'll be gone for 5 weeks....do you think I can leave the jars in a fridge that long with out damaging the bud?

12. as long as its a sealed container and the buds are good and dry, I don't see why not, I've had mine in the fridge for 3 and 4 months after curing, which is nothing more than dry weed. And they held up fine.

13. I like to put them in a brown paper bag in the fridge, this alows some exchange, but you should jar the for sure when you return to bring out the esscence of the love, which will diminish rapidly in the fridge.

14. hey man, yeh i have the same problem (almost) i asked a knowledgable friedn and he said its best to dry for longer if u cant cure them when the buds are totally dry hang them for longer, if u start curing when the buds are still damp inside they could rot!

15. If stored in the fridge for a month while still not totally dry, how high is the risk of mold? :confused:

16. The higher the moisture content of the bud the more likely to mold, Some of this can be aleviated if you have a vacuum sealer with th right attachement, but it is still best to have dry buds.

17. Chimera, do you think its a good idea if I dry them for a week, start curing in jars for 4 days and then dry again in 2 days before storing in the fridge for a month? Is it a good solution? Then when I come back I can start curing again.

18. Just make sure they are dry, don't worry about the curing until you get back. Part of the curing process is removing some of the moisture, which for your purposes will be put back in with the orange peel when you get back. So just get them good and dry!