RIP

Discussion in 'First Time Marijuana Growers' started by Go Green!, Sep 15, 2015.

1. I'm afraid my month old seedling's days are numbered. This seems like severe nitrogen defiancy that unfortunately I don't think can rebound from. Rest in peace little gal :(

Attached Files:

2. #2 GoldGrower, Sep 15, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 15, 2015
    Jesus man relax. It's not a nitrogen problem, and its certainly not dying. And it can't be a seedling if it's a month old.

Are you using LEDs?

3. Oh yay she's not dying :D yay!!!! haha no I use cfls. Well I'm not sure what the Reveal bulb blue spectrum is labeled but that's a 40 watt. Then I have a giant CFL that's a 60 watt.

4. #4 GoldGrower, Sep 15, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 15, 2015
    could the bulb have been in contact with that leaf for an amount of time?

Have you sprayed the plant with anything? Has the foliage become wet at all?

5. this was caused by the leaf getting wet. The patches eventually went brown and died but it never spread and didn't harm the plant at all

[​IMG]

Does the other leaves have it too? Or just the ones you pictured?

6. I've sprayed with water. That's it. I thought for sure it was a nutrient deficiency. A lot of the fan leaves I've cut the affected parts off so they look a little weird. Not sure (once I get $$ to buy nutes) how much I should give month old plant.

7. whew omg I'm so relieved. Looks exactly what's been happening to mine. I thought maybe a snail got on it somehow cause it had that weird sheen to it. Almost like slime lol. Thank you Gold :D

8. about 50% of the recommended concentration on every watering should have you in the correct area

9. I know it's not funny, but that hilarious. If these plants died that easily there would be a lot less mass production. These are actually pretty tough plants by the time they get that age, as of now you have no worries.

"I remember going half on a dime sack"

10. You have a plant and absolutely no idea how to grow it. Stop right now and take the time to read up on how this process works. If you don't have a good understanding of the very basics, it's going to stress you out bad and you're probably not going to do very well. On the other hand, taking a little time to inform yourself goes a long way. Pretty much everything the new grower needs to know is already logged in the threads on the forum. You have thousands of grow journals to peruse through that can give you a point of reference and help you get a more clear understanding of how it should be done. Don't think I'm trying to be a smarty pants here because lots of people do this. But it's a bit more complicated than throwing some seeds in some dirt and sticking the pot under a light...if you want to do it well. It's perfectly fine to ask questions...but make the effort to learn as much as you can on your own so your questions are legit. Good luck with your plant!! TWW

11. No you're not Widow I appreciate it. I was just freaking out (yet again for no reason lol) and not that I'm completely daft on the process but when more and more brown spots showed up I thought deficiency for sure. Thank you guys. Sorry to be such a pain in the ass lol

12. I come here for help just like you, we don't mind at all. I usually keep good diagnosing info at hand and try to remain calm and think clearly when I come across something odd.

"I remember going half on a dime sack"

13. Well I'm certainly glad to know it's nothing more than water spray giving it that weird look. I'd like to get a soil ph tester except I would be totally clueless as to what I was looking at lol

14. Do you see any bugs? It looks like thrip damage on the leaves.

15. that's completely unfair. Telling him to "stop right now" is just being over dramatic. You can't expect him to know everything on his first go. I've been growing 20 years and I'm still learning.

He has splash damage, and that's relatively uncommon. Some growers don't even believe it exits and even a seasoned grower could get it and not realise what it is.

Asking questions is the best way to learn for most people and it should be welcomed on a grow forum, not shot down

16. soil pH is nothing that I ever worry about. My tap water is 7 and when I add nutrients it brings it down to about 6.5 and my soil is about 6 so there's never a reason to check.

If your tap water is unusually high or your soil is unsuitable then you may get an issue but wrong pH in soil grows is rare and is miss-diagnosed as such more times than not.

Soil test kits are pretty cheap and maybe worth buying to rule out an unusual issue you may be having but it's not something that's usually worth worrying about

17. I don't see any bugs. Then again I don't have a magnifying glass. Kinda worries me that splash damage is fairly uncommon. I have organic Happy Frog soil. So I would hope that I wouldn't need a ph tester. I was thinking though for maybe in the future. However the nutes in the soil have probably depleted at this point. I'd prefer going the totally organic way and not having to rely on chemical nutes at all. But then that probably means almost no bud and not a very strong system.

18. I couldn't disagree more. Ph is extremely important and the main cause of deficiencies. This year in California has been especially bad because of droughts. My well water has also always been 7, but after a rough start I looked at ph and boom 8.0 to 8.5. Afyer adjusting plants are huge and healthy say the least. Ph is easily the most overlooked thing in growing and is truly one of the things that separates hobbiest from experts. If you are lucky enough to have this all proper before testing that's great but it should be regularly tested.
    Btw we used to own a large resort and started having pitting problems in the plumming. Turns out the city wasn't properly adjusting ph.
    We (me) started testing every day for over 5 years and I was on the phone with them at least once every 2 months. It actually got to the point where they would call me to ask what ph was for a given day. So don't trust others to do it

19. Your plant looks fine lol. Perhaps a bit of water burn from it intensifying the light on those spots, or unlikely maybe bugs but you would see them as tiny dots to the eye all over your leafs, certainly nothing to do with nutrients and most certainly isn't just going to flop over and die lol

20. definatly almost killed an innocent jesus man relax breath and message is and wait for an answer bro lol