RIP to the plants that didn't make it.

Discussion in 'First Time Marijuana Growers' started by LeftHandLead, Feb 16, 2012.

1. Man, I just flipped the switch on my 4 seedlings.... They've been looking bad for about 2 weeks. I started them in some crap MG organic choice soil, and figured that's what the problem was. Transplanted to new pots with a 70/30 Happy Frog/Perlite mix. 2 of them started looking a bit up, but declined the next day, and just continued to fall. They showed no life today, just totally gone. I flipped my power switch to the room, and damn I'm feeling a little down. I believe it was an accumulation of issues.. Ants, room too hot (ranging from 80-90), starting in bad soil, red stems.

Looking to start again once I can correct my temp issues, hopefully with better results than fail. I think the 125 watt CFL was possibly too much heat, on top of no ventilation. S/O to my GC brothers and sisters who've lost a loved one/ones. Shit sucks, but we'll get it right next time.;)

2. Yeh. I started my first grow in December with 6 plants. Cat got two of them around January. I starting flowering two weeks ago and they were all males. I felt shitty until i took them outside and chopped them up into my garden to get it ready.

3. Keep your head up! Next one is going to go awesome, good luck man.

4. Trial and error is an awesome teacher though. Looking into the problems I was having, I gained some solid info and techniques for my next attempt. I gotta figure out a cheap way to cool the room off and I think all will be well... Anyone with words of advice would be appreciated too.:)

5. Good luck on your next grow! Most likely MG Soil. Thats very hit or miss and usually its miss. MG Soil has tiny little pre nuted orbs that dissolve at different times from watering. The issue is that you really don't know when they will rupture..could be all at once or over time. Then you don't know where there at. So you get a bunch around the roots they pop and thats that. Then whats great about that soil is sometimes you'll make it a while then it hits...you make it through it but then a few weeks later it hits again. Its the gift that never stops giving.

Cannabis is pretty nute sensitive where as many plants are not. You controlling the nutes takes that random factor out of the equation and then you only have yourself to blame for that issue. Take it as a lesson learned.

If you can't vent it'll always be fail btw. Venting does more then release the heat...mostiure to. Get to much of a build of of that you can get mold.

The best way at least to me to create a proper grow room is I try to best think of how the plant is outside and try to do that inside. Sun..light, breeze..fan, well ventilated etc.

6. dam man that sucks better luck next time around. 80 to 90 is fine man above 90 and that heat would be insane i get about 90 sometimes in my shed late afternoon and have no issues with my babies.