RIP Tinkerbell.. my beautiful birdie..

Discussion in 'General' started by XColonelsPrideX, Oct 25, 2006.

1. I was just told that my beautiful baby cocktiel passed away today trying to pass an egg. Her and her 'husband' Angel were best of friends and he is having an especially hard time with it. Tinkerbell was my baby. I chose her, I hand fed her when she was a baby, I trained her and rasied her. She would come right to me- and would hesitate to come to others. When she was on my shoulder- she would hiss at the other people trying to take her. Eventually she and my mom began to bond and they became really close as well. I know she was given to the best home, we spoiled her and loved her.

She was my beautiful baby. I will forever love you tinkerbell.

[​IMG]

:cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry:

2. thats kinda sad

hope you feel better :(

3. Yes, sorry to hear about her. It's really hard when pets pass away, we can get as close to them as friends and family. Not nice.

MelT

4. Was the bird dead in the picture?

5. Yeh. Thats her. She was such a little model. We have a million pictures of her posing.. she was a ham. Loved attention.

edit* I just reread that post you wrote Gator. I was thinking you were asking if that was her in the picture. I am sorry, maybe I am upset about her passing- but I think that was totally inappropriate and upseting that you would ask someone who had just lost a pet something like that.

6. yes... it was dead. Doesnt everyone take pictures of their animals right after they die?[​IMG]

....:rolleyes:

Anyways, this bird was awesome. Its a damn shame she's gone, but thats life.

Perhaps a bowl of some chron would help w/ the mourning process??

7. You just gotta think to yourself that it was bound to happen eventually. Some sooner than others. I have lost my fair share of pets as a kid and each one was heartbreaking. It takes months at a time to recover from a loss. It's like another member of the family. Best of luck to you and the fam..

Sidenote: What is passing an egg and how do you die from it? She tried to lay an egg and got clogged up or something?

8. Thank you so much for your kind words. It is hard- especially with pets that are so attached to their owners. I am not sure if any of you have birds, but they just become your best friend.

She was trying to lay her egg, and it got stuck, and with the egg pressing up against her organs, it was too much for her little body. We are not sure what complications came about- because she has laid eggs before and there has never been a problem.

9. R.I.P. Tinkerbell. You will be missed.

10. Aw, im sorry :(

This bowls for tinker :bongin:

11. just get something that will out live u like some of those parrots that live to be like 100 or a tortoise or something then u wont have this problem haha

• Like Like x 1
  12. I'll give her a 21 toke salute

13. if i could neg you, i would.