Rip off, or nah?

Discussion in 'Bongs, Dab Rigs, Bubblers, Water Pipes' started by lilghetoboi, Dec 3, 2014.

1. So I stop by my LHS recently for some Swishers and after talking to the clerk he talks me into buying this bong for my wife. I'm a blunt man myself so I'm not sure if he ripped me off or not, the price tag said $250 but I payed $175 out the door. It stands 19" tall and has a bunch shit inside it that I have no idea what it is or does. It hits like crazy, wife loves it, and didn't hurt my wallet but I'm just curious to know if I was ripped off. Thanx in advance for any input

Attached Files:

2. Considering the ash catcher with I'd say you did ok.

I'm not big on spending more than 50 on a piece but thats just me.

Hope your lady likes it dude.

3. Its only a rip off because its china production. If the price was a little closer to $100 I guess it wouldn't be a bad deal. But I wouldn't own china unless it was free

4. Althought you could probably scower the internet and find a similar piece for 30 - 50 buck cheaper (*not including shipping), I'd say you got a pretty legit deal. Enjoy!

5. this
    & this.

Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum

6. Thanx for the info fellas, like I said I just wanted to make sure I didn't get burned too bad.

7. Can anyone tell me about this bong? What are the different sections and what do they do? What the hell is the huge tube on the inside for?

8. #8 lilghetoboi, Dec 4, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Dec 4, 2014
    And how can you tell if it's China made or American?

9. You paid 175 for a 4000 bong? Awesome come up

10. #10 lilghetoboi, Dec 4, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Dec 4, 2014
    No need for smart remarks, don't like my posts keep pushin you don't "have" to comment at all.

11. They just look like percolators which filter the smoke for you throught the water.

12. Don't like my posts keep pushin you have to comment at all. Makes very little sense to me..

13. He's basically saying, you didn't have to comment, and could have kept your remarks to yourself. He has legit questions, why be obtuse to a new user? 

14. Thank you Markc05, very first post and people already being rude, won't be the first site that I've left because of that. Who has time for ignorance?

15. It will probably break at an inopportune time. China glass is made of substandard glass, made in assembly process and has little to no quality control. American made will have attention to detail, and superior build quality. The piece you have looks well made enough, that if you enjoy it, and it hasn't caused you any financial burden, enjoy it. Just know when you want an upgrade, this site has some decent people giving out good information. 

16. It's all the same to me, I deal with stupid ass cocky people all the time, you either ignore it, or tell em to fuck right off. Remember its a forum still and there will be trolls everywhere. Lurking behind every statement there's a troll waiting to pounce. 

17. Right on man, I'll stick around for awhile and do a lil research on bongs, it's pretty much new to me

18. [​IMG][​IMG]

I have basically both of these, there are a few differences as I found stock photos on Google. Each was about double+ what you payed. All I can say is learn whatever you're interested in. Personally I dislike colored glass, and prefer to keep the amount of percs under 3. Preference builds with experience. 

19. I can dig it, I've been a member here for awhile and always thought of this site as being very informative

20. Like I said, just enjoy your piece and come here for questions, 90% of the time if it isn't an absolutely ridiculous question, it will be answered pretty straightforward. Just gotta check those corners for dem trolls.