RIP. (i love GC)

Discussion in 'General' started by illk37, Nov 20, 2008.

1. #21 DirtyPete, Nov 20, 2008
    Last edited by a moderator: Nov 20, 2008

He had four posts, the first was the OP entitled "Ask a guy who is gonna OD (again) tonight anything", then someone posted "why?" and his next post was -

"I wanna die dur"

then he posted what pills he took

Then he posted a copied and pasted suicide note - he didn't even write it he found it on google.

Was he trying to get attention? Of course, why else would he broadcast himself dying live?

2. At first that's what it looks like.
    but he has tried over 3times to off himself.

He was very depressed, if you read some of his posts all he talked about was dying and suicide.

Not just that thread some of his past POSTS

3. If someone feels the need to post about suicide on an internet forum, they really need someone to talk to. Yes, they are doing it for attention, but they need that loving attention to talk to someone, and let it out. You can't really say everything you want to say to people you actually know, the internet is like a safety barrier, and sometimes people just need someone to seem like they give a shit.

4. Ah. Im reading that thread now. Fuckn crazy. And this happened just yesterday?

Not to be disrespectful to him, but I wonder if anyone recorded it. I saw some screenshots when the cops and emt came in

5. I saw this yesterday. but honestly i think it was a boy who cried wolf situation. this guy had posted similar previous suicide notes, even copied and pasted parts of his old one into his new one. so it's no wonder people on there flamed him and shit, they thought he was a troll. but he really went through with it which is so sad.

but yeah, it made me glad to be a part of GC because i know the majority of blades would be lookin out for eachother, even if we weren't sure if someone was joking or not. we would try to talk them out of it or help them in some way.

it was kind of scary to look through the posts and start seeing, "hey guys i really don't think he's breathing on the cam" and shit like that, and people still bashing him, not doing anything to help. this would never happen on GC. gotta love the city :)

6. No matter what, it's still heartbreaking.

I agree that someone posting looking for attention, probably does need the attention - which is why therapy is always great as are those suicide hotlines. I actually called one once and they were SO wonderful I couldn't believe it.

Loss of life is sad, even if you don't approve of how he went about it, his attitude, or any of those things. His family has been forced into the public eye by his actions during a very private time.

I hope that his soul is at peace, that's all any of us can hope for, and no matter what.

7. trust me man ive dealt with people who claim they wanna commit suicide, i bet if he didnt get flamed so much and people actually showed him some sympathy he might not have done it. maybe he still woulda, but the flaming only egged him on

8. yeah, while I agree with this, having been there & been depressed like that, after a certain amount of people snarking at you and not believing you are truly that depressed, it's just attention that he wants and will do anything to get. depression and our minds are a tricky thing, it's sad to say but he knew this was probably the only way out, and didn't really care. whether he didn't believe if it would kill him, or if he didn't care, it's just sad. it's sad to see a life that has gotten to this point, because there is always SOMETHING you can do. some people just get so far into the deep, dark, depths of our minds and nothing matters anymore, nothing seems like it will ever be better, and that's kind of what I got out of his suicide note and this whole act.
    that probably won't make much sense, but it did as I was writing it... having battled depression all my life, it's always hard to see somebody who has been overtaken by it. RIP dude, may you finally find your peace and rest easy.

9. That is SO horrible. What is happening to people that we are so cold and shut off to people who are in desperate need of help?

10. I couldn't resist reading through that thread, but it just amazed me how even towards the very end of the thread people were calling fakery and making fun of the dude. Yes, people do a very good job of representing the ugliness in the world, but the proof for hope is that some of them had the smarts to actually call the cops and realize what the fuck was actually going down. It's a shame it was too late.

11. Good for them. I'm glad that some people did try to help him, even if it was too late.

Those people that were flaming him, fuck them. Sometimes tragedies are hard to recognize, especially over the internet, and yes, people do insane things for attention using the anonimity of the internet for cover, but sometimes you have to see the people posting for the actual people they are, flawed, hurting, and sometimes in desperate need of help.

I know I would rather try to help someone even if they were trying to get attention, or faking their own death, than not and be wrong and have that person actually die from lack of action or compassion from others.

12. man this is some sad shit...didn't know the dude or anything like that, but he was too young man...shit :(

13. It is a sad world when people are treated that way. It was an obvious cry for help. He presented everything that he was going to do. I am sad for the friends and family of this individual. I for one see suicide as the cheap or easy way out of things and dont pitty those that chose to make that choice. It is selfish and they are only thinking about themselves. What about the family and friends that have to deal with the pain that he chose to leave behind? My prayers go out to the ones that are hurting from this loss and shame on those who disregarded his feelings and treated him as they did.

14. This is true. He got the attention he wanted, I guess.

But I still think this is pretty sad. He seemed like a good guy who had a lot to live for. I wonder what exactly made his choose to kill himself. It seems like he will be missed by a lot of people.

RIP dude.

15. x 2. I hardly ever post over there anymore but I did recognize him once I saw his avi.

16. it sucks that dude died, but I dont feel a goddamn thing for the guy. HE made his decision not to live anymore. Hes the one putting all of his family and friends through some fucked up shit right now. ***** gets NO love from me.

17. Like everyone else has said, shit is sad. He made his own choice though. RIP man

18. #38 Bank404, Nov 21, 2008
    Last edited by a moderator: Nov 21, 2008
  19. man this whole situation is fucked up. Really fubar...

20. Rest in Peace, Abraham :(