RIP hip-hop 1990-1999

Discussion in 'Music genres, Bands and Artists' started by NEsurfr, May 5, 2011.

1. I dont know why im posting this i guess im just bored and in the mood for debate/argument, but in my opinion, rap music is dead and all the new stuff being released isnt even worth listening to.

The 90s had all the true greats.
    Tupac
    Biggie
    Big L
    Wu-Tang
    LOTUG
    GURU/Gangstarr

Just to name a few...

but how can any of todays musicians even compare to the talent these people had? nowadays all you see is

Wiz Khalifa
    Weezy
    Lil B- can he even be considered a musician?:confused:
    and a lot of others i dont care to name

these people dont deserve the fame and fortune they have achieved, it blows my mind how anyone thinks they have talent.

i know a lot of people are going to be like

"omg u n00b OFWGKTA is the best evarrrrr"

man fuck you

id have to say the only current rapper i like is Immortal Technique, he is a lyrical genius with a clear and real message that he is trying to express, instead of talking about parking his car and eating wonton soup

oh well,

/rant...bring on all the "umadbro?"s you got

2. I. Agree.

Though Odd Future is alright, the 90's is where it's at.

3. No one gives a fuck about your rap opinion.

• Like Like x 1
  4. That's a pretty good list, dr dre is also one of my favorites. His 2001 album is amazing, but yeah man 90s rap is badass, nwa, biggie, nas, the list goes on

5. Wow do you really wanna hear people these days try to sound the same as all those rappers?

6. The best era of rap thanks to:

[​IMG]

7. Youre 12 years late, according to your own logic.

8. #8 Thegreengonzo, May 5, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 15, 2016
    Ready to die is the album that set the stage for everyone to follow. RIP big

9. I can't really take a fan of Immortal Technique seriously. Dude is SUCH jokes.

10. Listen to this and tell me that hip-hop isn't alive...you need to turn your radio off my friend

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y9MpwzM13MI]YouTube - OFFICIAL KnowMads Track - River Runs Deep w/ LYRICS[/ame]

11. #11 vapeEVERYday, May 5, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: May 5, 2011
    Rap is not dead, its underground. Just because you dont spend time trying to find the good artists doesnt mean they arnt out there.

Canibus is still putting out dope stuff, GZA is working on liquid swords 2, Del the funky homosapian just put out one of my favorite albums of all time, Talib Kweli and Mos Def are still doing their thing, Immortal technique is one of the best lyricists of all time (look up "you never know" with lyrics if you dont agree), Tonedeff is amazing, Jedi Mind still puts out a decent track once in a while, hospin is pretty dope, DZK- seriously look this guy up, common, MF doom, madlib/quasimoto, alchamist, Nas, and Snowgoons just to name a few......

raps golden years are passed but there are still people putting out DOPE tracks. If you think rap is what you hear on the radio like the people you listed you arnt a hip hop fan.

12. #12 MaJunior, May 5, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: May 5, 2011
    I hate retarded threads like these. Anyone who says hip hop is dead or was only good in the 90s or only exist underground cannot think for themselves. They have to follow nas like a puppy.

And for the record OP, please never make another thread on hip hop ever again.

13. You call it writer's block
    But you stop cause the vine is empty
    Hip hop's not dead, it's really the mind of the emcee

14. You want every artist to sound the exact same over a long period of time? you have quite a bland personality if I do say so myself.

15. Is it just me or does everyone who says shit like that seem extremely predictable?

16. Is it just me or does everyone who says shit like that seem extremely predictable?

17. yeah fuck em

18. to OP,

hahahahahhahahahahahhahaha.

uhmm brotha from another mother, you need to open your ears.

the 90's were when the struggle of blacks was made viral through hip-hop and through the publicity of the thug movement, thanks to pac.

he made things clear, set the record straight,
    and for people to not understand that half of his music was not even about thugs, it boggles me.

all those rappers are dope yea man, but today theres no genuine point in expressing these kinds of things, as they have already been expressed by people like nas, biggie, big l, pac, and many many others.

music should move the soul, not the brain.

for people to label hip-hop dead because some artists are dead, is like me saying jazz is dead because louie armstrong is dead.

it's like really? are you going to let rappers of the past feed you information about what the current game is, and then on top of that, take it the wrong way for the most part?

pac once said yea people can get you to vibe, but really listen to the words, do they mean something true, are they expressing something, or are they just sayin them to sound cool.

a lot of rappers have true meaning and brillance, in many different ways, styles, and points of view,

im done trying to explain the rap "game" to you, cause its really not a game.

listen to music for the enjoyment, please.

19. The newer stuff is just awful and most of the "artists" are no talent hacks.

The 90's I remember listening to such classics as:

NWA - Straight Outta Compton (1988, close enough!)
    Dr. Dre - The Chronic, 1992
    Snoop Doggy Dogg - Doggystyle, 1993
    The Notorious B.I.G. - Ready To Die, 1994
    Outkast - Southernplayalisticadillacmuzik, 1994
    Warren G - Regulate...G Funk Era, 1994
    The Fugees - The Score, 1996
    NAS - It Was Written, 1996
    Outkast - ATLiens, 1996
    Master P - Ghetto D, 1997
    TRU - Tru 2 da Game, 1997 (original release w "Smokin' Green")
    The Notorious B.I.G. - Life After Death, 1997
    Jay-Z - Vol. 2, Hard Knock Life, 1998
    Dr. Dre - 2001, 1999

:smoking:

20. sounds like you need to expand your rap horizons