Riots in England — The Day of the Scumbag

Discussion in 'Politics' started by SmokinP, Aug 8, 2011.

1. Keep it peaceful and there should be no problem.
    My beef was with
    all it takes is a few bad apples. Police yourselves and ther should be no problem.

2. Meh, you've had a pretty. "give it up stupid activists" vibe with alot of your posts..

plus look at this

Almost like you were the one who incited violence from the beginning..

I was also wondering why you have a gun in your avatar.. Most people have the thing that is most important to them, in one form or another in their avatar because it is what they believe to be true in themselves..

3. #143 russianweed, Aug 16, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: Aug 16, 2011
    lol, its tottenham, anyone that says they dont have a right to protest there is chattin shit, fair enough they looted and so on, but people get angry!. You do realize in Totteham and so on police operate a strict stop and search policy, so all the youth of the community suffers under that, you think its fair to be searched because you wearing a bloody track suit and have a jarhead haircut??. Have you never felt treaten unfair by you own government???? Well if no, than dont argue about how its bullshit, cauz the people here have every right to be angry! Straight outta tottenham!! :mad: :mad: :mad:

4. Don't kid yourself that there was any justification behind these riots.

Whilst the protests may have initially started with political motives, by the time it had grown into a riot all political thought went out the window and greed and destruction became the sole purpose.

I haven't seen any evidence to the contrary. All I've seen is drunk girls going "ye but it's fun, innit? We's drinkin' Rosé and avin' a good time 'n stuff. Showin' the police and all those rich people we can do wat we like". And facebook statuses saying shit like "goin 2 cause some mayhem on da streetz tonite!", "looted a sweet plasma tv at the riots!" etc. etc.

You say the community in Tottenham doesn't like random stop searches if you're wearing a tracksuit and a hoodie? Then maybe all those people should have educated themselves and organised proper protests instead of descending to that level.

Instead they proved to society that they were criminals, and it has done nothing but damage their reputation even further.
    In fact, I'd be willing to bet that as a result the stop-searches in Tottenham have become even more strict as a result.

It's quite sad. The Youth of the Middle East rise up for basic freedoms. The Youth of London rise up for a HD ready 42" Plasma TV.

5. #145 LurkMode7.62, Aug 17, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: Aug 17, 2011

Almost like you were the one who incited violence from the beginning..

I was also wondering why you have a gun in your avatar.. Most people have the thing that is most important to them, in one form or another in their avatar because it is what they believe to be true in themselves..[/quote]

And you're cherry-picking from several different threads, deleting out parts of things to suit your needs--but I've noticed you do that to other folks too. Nice way to argue like a Democrat. I put back in the most important part and bolded it to point it out.

In one argument I was countermanding the typical myopic "violence never solves anything" misconception. In the other I was arguing that if one must apply force, do it selectively. removing key people from the framework gets more done than simple rioting, which stirs up the rest of the national population against you.
    The rifle I use as my avatar is a Mosin Nagant 91/30, designed in 1891. It fires a 7.62x54R cartridge (hey, LurkMode 7.62! who woulda thought!), which is fairly similar to a .308 Win in ballistics. It is a bolt-action rifle that can hold 5 rounds internally. It also has a ladder sight that can be adjusted to 2000 meters, and is still very effective at that range.
    It makes a hell of a deer rifle. The Finns used it as a marksman/sniper platform into the 1960's, which gives the rifle a military use lifetime of almost 70 years.

It's built to last; I still deer hunt with a rifle that is older than my grandfather, and I will probably pass on to any children I may have.

So yes, it is very important to me.
    And if the Blue Helmet UN troops violate sovereign US soil in the days to come I will be able to selectively and effectively apply force at very long range.

Maybe while you were cherry picking across my posts you saw that I'm a cannabis activist, but not a current cannabis user--this is because I am also a 2nd amendment activist. Having guns and cannabis at the same time, while under the legal scrutiny of being a cannabis activist, is a recipe for disaster.

Still wanna attack me while I'm supporting your peaceful protest neighbor? Or do you want to continue to misquote me?

6. Two wrongs don't make a right. Just because the police harass young people doesn't mean they have the right to go and loot crap from stores.

7. #147 KEEPONTOKING, Aug 17, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: Aug 17, 2011
    End of the day england including london is on its ass, the whole country is to be honest, its full of thieving little nob scumbags with no jobs and nothing to do but sign on the dole and have a free easy life and become bagheads, the riots was just an excuse to kick off, replace the water cannons with flame throwers and burn the little maggots out!

Peace..

Keepontoking...

8. #148 Cfitch, Aug 17, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 15, 2016
    Fuckin' bagheads.

9. I dont exactly agree with all the looting, but you have to understand where theses people were coming from. They are the lowest of the low, have no power or wealth and society. Yes they could of made the perfect choices and been succesful but not everyone can do that. The poor have been protesting in england and all over the globe. The only way they are actually heard is through rioting so how can you blame them. None of this would ever happened if england had a political system that gave equal oppurtunity for all. Rioting may be bad but what the bankers and politicians did the the working class is 1000000 times worse.

10. #150 Eric111E, Aug 20, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: Aug 20, 2011
    I don't think he's saying he has a problem with the rioting, only a problem with the destruction and thievery that is taking place. The stealing is really wrong, especially from small businesses who are only trying to survive, the people who are thieving are just opportunistic punks who got no concept of respect.

11. Part in bold: I think it has worked pretty well here. I know (or rather knew) my fair share of criminals and all of them were very apprehensive towards using guns. It simply draws FAR too much attention. If someone spots someone with a gun, you can bet there will be a police helicopter and a ton of cops looking for that person. Gun crimes are definately a rarity here. Of course that means that knives become more popular, but they are far less deadly. I've also never heard of anyone dying from a stray-knifing.
    I'm not saying this would work in America, and I respect your gun laws. But please don't think that just because gun-prohibition is such a taboo in America, the people of Europe want the same kind of laws. I know I don't.

edit: just noticed that was a pretty old post, sorry.