Riots in England — The Day of the Scumbag

Discussion in 'Politics' started by SmokinP, Aug 8, 2011.

1. Guns aren't worth a damn when you can't afford the bullets because your credit cards are all maxed out. :rolleyes: And what good would turning the riots into a murdering spree do anyway?

2. Am i the only one who actually hopes these riots come to the US? everyones bitching about how all theyre doing is burning and stealing shit. Well take a look at the reasons theyre doing this.

3. Even though I wouldn't mind a new Apple computer, I wouldn't have the moral deterioration to go get it. Maybe you should try putting your energy into effectively changing things in our government rather than trying to destroy the property other people have worked hard to earn/make under these shitty politics?

4. That's why anyone with an ounce of sense is sitting on thousands and thousands of rounds of ammo. I don't know anybody with arms who doesn't have at least 5000 rounds. Most have well 10000 rounds and tons of magazines to load it into.

Advantage? 'Merica! :hello:

5. I hope not. Riot does no good to the society and the community. Riots bring more power to the state. It is exactly what the gov wants you to do.

6. I wouldnt fuck with mom and pop stores but places like apple stores and walmart aka mega corporations wouldnt survive the first 15 minutes

youre right, they cant win and they are a reactionary act. but by reacting you bring attention to the causes and (hopefully) our "elected" officials will try to fix things.

7. Elected officials will never fix things. If you truly want fix the fuck up world then abolish the gov/states.

8. #108 Verdurous, Aug 11, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 15, 2016
    Could you give an example of where this has effectively solved problems?

9. Just because it hasn't happened doesn't mean it can't happen. We're not talking about breaking laws of nature. We're simply trying to advocate a more-free society. I don't need to lecture you on the evils of modern governments e.g. the US.

I'm not categorically opposed to governments per-say, but I am opposed to tyrannical regimes no matter what they call themselves.

10. Not past tense I can't.

And he cried mightily with a strong voice, saying, Babylon the great is fallen, is fallen

11. Sorry, i must disagree.
    In the instances of riot here, like in LA, it was armed citizens who stood up to the crowds that protected their businesses and property.
    It didn't turn into open warfare, the crowds just went to where there were easier targets.

I'm a second Amendment proponent, so I've got some studies around here somewnere for backup, if I can ever dig them out of the boxes. I hate moving!

12. That's why I said "I get what you're saying" in my last post.

You guys in the US have a different approach to guns, and I can respect that. I'm a bit on the fence about the whole topic. I'm not sure if I would ever like to see them legalised here, but I understand that it encourages people to defend themselves without the need to rely on authorities to protect them.

Still, I'm not a fan of guns, I'd rather not have one, but if everyone had one I think I'd feel a bit more inclined to get one. It's a moral dilemma!

13. Prohibition doesn't work, especially with regards to firearms. Only criminals (and government agents) can have guns in England.

Why do you think that you or some monolithic government has any right to stop an otherwise law-abiding individual living within the same territory as you from acquiring a firearm to defend themselves, their family and property?

I'm not a fan of weapons, in general, but they're necessary in certain circumstances. Don't pretend that some government agents are going to swoop in and protect you if you're being attacked. They'll come after-the-fact, but who knows what will have happened by then.

14. #114 Verdurous, Aug 12, 2011
    You realise this is because having a gun makes you a criminal with prohibition right? lol What are the statistics like? Is it an effective way of reducing crime or deaths/injuries related to firearms or are we all going to talk out our arses?

15. common sense tells you to not rob someone if they have a gun.

16. I know that. That was the main point of my post.

17. #117 Cfitch, Aug 12, 2011
    Obviously firearms being illegal reduces gun crime! Do you need statistics to get a grasp of that?

Also you all forget not all firearms are illegal.
    With a licence you may own a shotgun or certain .22 sport rifles.

18. #118 Verdurous, Aug 12, 2011
    ...common sense tells you there's really no way of telling if the people you're going to rob have a gun or not unless they're required. lol

19. #119 Verdurous, Aug 12, 2011
    I'm not in the UK, so I don't actually know any details of exceptions. lol

Nothing is obvious when there's controversy. Statistics help to dispel it.

20. [​IMG]