Riots in England — The Day of the Scumbag

Discussion in 'Politics' started by SmokinP, Aug 8, 2011.

1. #81 e12weedhed, Aug 11, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: Aug 11, 2011
    take it from a person who lives in this area! the goverment cuts has fucked up so many peoples lives its unbelievable. some people who arent lucky enough wont get a job for shit. only way getting a job in this country is from other people or heavy shit load of expirence.

the thieves and rioters fucked up my area, all the shops boarded up and police in every single corner. i just got fucking searched right now but also had eighth on me but luckily was tucked right under my ballz!! haha

and these fedz are to soft aswell.. i was recording the whole thing, even teasing the police but they are to soft so the hooligans take advantage of that.

im a muslim my self and surprisingly we weren't mentioned as most of us were defending the community also the sikhs, Christians etc.

ahh fuk it ... woch this vid loool

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IkWtMNBgf48]London Riot Fail - YouTube[/ame]

and this is my area affected

i was buzzin so i dont no what i was saying
    [ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7dYZI4VvSN0"]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7dYZI4VvSN0[/ame]

2. The riots were a bad idea but I think the police could be doing much more to stop it. The Armed forces could and should have been employed to stop a violent riot of this kind.

Now the government will have a reason to exert more control over personal freedoms.

3. #83 Verdurous, Aug 11, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 15, 2016
    Well, if citizens are going to pillage rather than protest maturely and respectfully, what do you expect. They're asking for it and deserve it after all this. People need to tell their fellow citizens not to rape the land, not just the police. It's a horrid situation.

4. Unfortunatley the majority of our military is overseas, even the TA have been deployed. Apparently we have water cannons available now but that itself isn't really enough. It seems to have calmed down at least for tonight but I can only hope it stays that way.

5. The main point that should be taken from these riots is the British government's response. I guarantee you many personal freedoms will be unnecessarily subverted under a guise of improving national security.

The damage from the riots will be insignificant compared to the loss of personal freedom.

6. I'm not so sure on it this time. The coalition is unpopular enough without doing anything like this and they know it.

7. #87 Verdurous, Aug 11, 2011
    There are probably a lot of business owners who now have no way of supporting their family who would disagree with that, though.

8. Many individuals were impacted by the rioting, this is an unfortunate tragedy, but hardly significant in the scope of the entire country.

Millions of British may be forced to live under far more restricted personal freedoms as a result of the riots. The laws enacted because of this should at least recieve scrutiny from the public instead of being widely accepted as being necessary to prevent further violence.

9. #89 Verdurous, Aug 11, 2011
    Could you give an example of what kind of restrictions you expect? It's not like what these people are doing is currently legal.

10. Watered down piss poor Political leadership leads to watered down piss poor reaction...

11. Looters did to the streets what our state has done to the rest of the world for over a century. "Might is right" is all we as citizens have been shown. Capitalism has taught our children to be motivated by instant gratification, ego worship and respect only violence. No person is born wanting to steal and fight police. Call them animals if it makes you feel better. Look at the reasons if you care about finding a solution. - Lowkey

12. this is one fucked up (mis) understanding of capitalism....a more apt analogy would be a (hypothetical) shop owner raising the price of aluminum baseball bats or hatchets to 250.00 a pop, due to the instant rise in demand.

smashing and grabbing is base criminality NOT capitalism. lowkey = fail@econ!

13. #94 Swills, Aug 11, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: Aug 11, 2011
    How is this still going on? Check this post out from ATS

Warning for people of Birmingham or surrounding areas

This isn't some unorganized mob now is it? And even if it was, how the fuck is this allowed to carry on? What are the riot police not doing? I would image this wouldn't go very far in the USA, but I could be very wrong about that assumption. This is clearly not a revolution of any kind but a murderous, looting, and property destroying mob. Tear gas alone should be able to shut them down.

In bootcamp they make you sit in a concrete room with a gas mask and canister. They release the gas and you have to sit through it for a period of time, too really take in the gas, & then you get to put on the mask and get the hell out. I was part of the bootcamp 'chain of command', Master at Arms :laughing:, so we had to sing "Anchors Away" while the rest of the division went outside. Whoever sang loudest and proudest got to leave. I was out first :laughing:

Let me tell you, that shit totally immobilizes you . Your blind, your choking, your throat and nasal passages burn, then you start spitting, nose is running and your coughing up shit. You cant talk, I could barely call out for help when I finally left the building. The Chief and Petty Officers definitely had their laughs with us. What a sight we were. I had no idea this was gonna happen in bootcamp, no one told and I never thought to ask. I wasn't really into the internet yet at that time, and it prolly wasn't even online, there was no such thing as Yahoo Answer :laughing: So if you plan on joining the military expect this.

14. start out like Australians - criminal minded, brake into hell, tare it down and build a city behind it.

15. Might have to get my grandads air rifle out and bruise some rioters.

Fuck not being allowed a gun.

16. #97 hesthedaddy, Aug 11, 2011
    Read the ipcc report he never shot at police at all infact it was in his pocket...

17. hey us americans might not have a triple A credit rating, but at least we got guns :devious:

18. #99 hesthedaddy, Aug 11, 2011
    This made me cough up on my joint LOL

19. I get what you're saying, but if the looters also had free-access to firearms then it would be total chaos (Well, more chaos than it already was). At the same time everyone else would be able to fight back against them. But that would result in tiny warfare in our streets.

This has been totally insane, and I'm glad I'm living somewhere where these riots haven't reached. All it proves is that there's been societies in Britain that the government haven't acknowledged for a long time. Don't get me wrong, I think what they did was sick and I hope that the law comes down hard on the. But they come from environments where they've been brought up to believe the only way they can get what they want is through violence.

Also, I'm finding it hilarious and sort of sad how vehement the British public get over this thievery is whilst in plain sight, and yet when the bankers robbed them all it was met with general apathy. Exactly the same thing, just one's more clever than the other.

Anyway, sorry for rambling.