Riots in England — The Day of the Scumbag

Discussion in 'Politics' started by SmokinP, Aug 8, 2011.

1. It's people stealing and pillaging their own in the absence of order.. I understand that even in an anarcho-capitalist state there would be order provided through private police, but just a reminder to the extreme anarcho's out there that if you leave the people to their own they'll take advantage of one another. imo

2. What a fucking douche. I would shot him in the face.

That's why you have trusted friends to help you out in time like that.

3. #44 Arteezy, Aug 9, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: Aug 9, 2011
    Anarchy isn't a lack of order. At least not in the sense of anarchism or anarcho-capitalism (read: Orwellian doublespeak, equivocation fallacy).

If people were stealing stuff from my shopfront, I might try to defend it, especially if I had help from some friends. Don't blame anarchism for their lack of will to organize and defend themselves from aggression. If anything, it's the State's fault for teaching these people to rely on the police and even punishing people for defending themselves and their property.

Anyways, I take advantage of people all the time and they take advantage of me. In a voluntary exchange both parties benefit. There's a clear difference between stealing and voluntary exchange. Anarcho-capitalists and true anarchists advocate voluntary exchange, not theft and violence.

4. I never said it was ok to shoot him, I said I don't give a shit that they did. He was a gangster with a gun, fuck him. People who have actually dealt with serious gangsters before usually don't oppose people shooting them.

5. That's exactly what they are, scum. Im all for revolution and fighting this corrupt government, but this is just hooded youths burning, looting, and attacking random people.
    Its fucking disgusting, they are destroying our communities. At a time like this the people need to unite, not destroy our own communities.
    So fucking angry at these yobs, i hope they are crushed by the police.

6. Everyone is. The amount for support for the police is actually surprising.

7. SET FIRE TO WANT YOU WANT!
    SO THAT IT MAY BE ILLUMINATED FOR ALL TO SEE!!

Seems to be the message.
    Who wants to illuminate things? The illuminati. Thus they are behind it all.

Discuss.

8. What the actual fuck, have you seen the people doing this ? They are thugs, with their hoods up, looting and burning.
    The "Illuminati" have nothing to do with this, that is if they exist in the first place.
    And if they do, and this was by them :p , then they can't be that fucking powerful.
    Illuminate guy 1 : Yeah lets get some yobs to steal tvs, and trainers.
    Illuminate guy 2 : Awesome idea! that will really help us.

9. It was a joke bro. Just lawl

10. When people are losing their homes, and everything they own. I don't find it funny.

11. Naomi Wolf is playing the conspiracy card, just scroll down the page and read the posts she makes about the riots.

Naomi Wolf | Facebook

12. #53 Verdurous, Aug 10, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 15, 2016
    I disagree. War is only a temporary distraction from the real problems. It solves nothing; it just makes one party feel better about their opinion, when in reality the war/violence had nothing to do with it. That's why it's possible to fight for freedom. You're taking away other's freedoms in the process, but somehow you're still fighting for freedom because the politicians say so. It's only effective at spreading propaganda and biased/ego boosting opinions.

13. [ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=biJgILxGK0o[/ame]

14. police state coming to an England near you.

15. #56 LurkMode7.62, Aug 10, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: Aug 10, 2011

I'm sorry, we'll have to agree to disagree.
    I've studied history quite a bit. Things today are not like they used to be. In the past hundred years, wars have become very different than they used to be.
    War used to be effective in the fact that the losing side was crushed. Eradicated. There was NO ONE LEFT!
    That's why Greece was considered the birthplace of western Civ; her greatest rival of prehistory, Troy, was reduced to a smoking rubble that took archaeologists years to find. They thought Troy was a myth! The only place they could find evidence of her was in the writings of the victors.
    And look to all the influence Carthage had of the world...ummm....well, maybe it could have had influence if Rome hadn't destroyed it. We're talking about a nation that controlled the majority of the Mediterranean at one time, until Rome took it all away and destroyed Carthage in the process.
    The concept of limited war is fairly recent. If you want to know how war used to be fought, read the Old Testament. Entire national identities put to the sword and torch--rape and pillage were limited, everything was burned and destroyed. When they talk about burning a city, remember that back then many cities were effectively small nations in and of themselves. Many "countries" held sovereignty for less than twenty to fifty square miles, if that! City-states, emphasis on the "city" part.
    Even the Native American lived out the concept of "war to the knife." We've found historical data of raids where infants and children were simply taken up by the ankles and had their heads dashed out upon the rocks, and entire tribes wiped from the face of the earth, with nothing but bones to remember them by, since those victors never even bothered to take names after they kicked ass.

naked force has been the final adjudicator of the majority of human conflict since Cain struck down Abel. We're just too cosmopolitan to want to admit to the fact. one good global meltdown is all it will take to knock off the polish of the past two hundred years and reveal the naked, savage brute beneath. Survival overrides programming.

16. I've come to the conclusion there is nothing political about these riots. It's a bunch of 16 year old chavs who like the intensity and flatscreen tv's. Fuckin ridiculous. They ruined a legit protest for greed.
    They can't even be on one team, they rob their own. What trash.

17. I hope they enjoy shitting on their front doorstep. If I had a business I wouldn't want to move back in. Talk about no customer loyalty!

18. This is in and of itself the saddest aspect of a riot, that it is literally a group of people shitting right where they eat. This behaviour is a fucking disease, a pimple on the ass of human nature.:smoke: