Riots in England — The Day of the Scumbag

Discussion in 'Politics' started by SmokinP, Aug 8, 2011.

1. An excellent piece I came across regarding the riots taking place in London at the moment...

Riots in England

2. Pity we don't have water cannons. Or actual cannons.

3. Makes a good point. Violence never really solves anything, IMHO. It just creates a diversion of attention to ending the violence. Keeps people from worrying about the important things.

4. You mean, London.

But yea, that's not Anarchy at all. It's just a bunch of morons destroying buildings. Not even effective way to change the system, by any means. All it does is produce more security for the state while giving gov more power to maintain. Plus, this is all part of the divide and conquer, placed in a war economy(destroy and re-build) This is statism way, the retarded way, the most idiotic way.

5. ^^^ London is in England, therefore the riots were in England. They were in London, England. lol Don't correct people if you don't know what you're talking about. They meant England.

6. LoL yea... thats like a news article saying "Riots in the United States"
    and some one responding "ahem, I think you mean new york city"

;)

7. You guys are over thinking this. Things like this happen every week in America. Here it happens ever two or three decades. That's all it is.

Smokinp, I think that's a very narrow minded view. I can say that is definately not the case.

I do condemn the actions of the cunts causing all the problems though.

8. proof of validity?

America, in fact, haven't revolted since 1800s. 1960s revolution was failure because they still fed the state.

9. I have to disagree with you about violence solving things. It's not a GOOD solution, but it does tend to get things settled out, as the Trojans and Carthaginians would agree.
    The problem is level of application.

if violence is not your last resort, then you failed to apply enough of it the first time.

If we can resolve issues by never reaching the point of violence, everyone wins.

10. Perhaps it is harsh but from my own experiences i believe that it is in fact bang on.
    I lived in London for a period and came across the characters that the writer is describing first hand...

11. [quote name='BritBrit']You guys are over thinking this. Things like this happen every week in America. Here it happens ever two or three decades. That's all it is.

QUOTE]

ummm... no Riots don't happen in American every other week? Is that what the media over there, like the now defunkt Globe, portrays the US? LOL

12. The writing's accurate, just chavs wanting to smash shit up.
    You can tell a lot about people by where they're looting, JD sports and curry's looted. Waterstones untouched. Anyone taking bets that they didn't steal the kindles out of curry's?

13. I lived there for two years and the crime in some cities like detroit and chicago are just shitty.
    I'm to stoned to argue this point to be honest. You may even be right ^_^

14. I lived there for two years and the crime in some cities like detroit and chicago are just shitty.

I'm to stoned to argue this point to be honest. You may even be right ^_^

15. Bullshit.

16. #16 Verdurous, Aug 9, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 15, 2016
    I second this.

17. #17 TrueNirvana, Aug 9, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 15, 2016
    Right behind you.

18. ^^ yeah. by and large americans are too lazy to riot. now cut off the cable...then you would see a shit storm.

in fact if there ever were a second american revolution that should be the first target of the burgeoning revolutionaries. no cable = restless citizens...and with our attention span shortened to that of a retarded gnat (due to the same cable) most would forget that bullets were dangerous till one smacked them in the face. :D

19. Well if you did cut the cable, we'll have a world Earthquake. Who was to the blame? The American fatties.

20. Bullets are not very dangerous in Hollywood, they make you fall in a cool way and your family never has to mourn you. Most of the time they don't even seem to hurt.